Cost of gym membership in UK?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of a Seb Coe Gym.
    They are charging a range of memberships but I paid up front and as I've been a member a couple of times before I got a year for £330.
    No Joining fee. Never pay those!!
    It's got a gym, weights, pool, steam, sauna, jacuzzi, tennis courts and has classes too which are free to peak members.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    My husband pays £32 a month at our local Fitness First gym (no joining fee). We pay an extra £7 a month on top of this so that I can go once a week as a guest on his membership. They are so flexible that they usually wave me through for free and I get to use the gym two or three times a week which is great.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use a local authority run gym, is £30 a month and very well equipped, and no joining fee, but if you work for the local authority like me (teacher) I get a discount to £20 a month. They are very competitive about extra services like personal training (ours is free) because they have to be viable or the council will close them - so you can get lots of perks, I love it too because you get a good mix of people, not just a bunch of mirror watchers!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    forgot to say that membership entitles me to unlimited gym access, swimming, sauna's, classes and this is availabe in any of the sports centres in the county!