Goals...how do I?

Options
So can someone tell me how they set up realistic goals for themselves to lose weight? Honestly, is this site enough? I'd like an answer from a 'successful loser'. For example, how should I be pushing myself?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Think of something you want, and make marker points in the direction of that goal.

What is it you want?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So can someone tell me how they set up realistic goals for themselves to lose weight? Honestly, is this site enough? I'd like an answer from a 'successful loser'. For example, how should I be pushing myself?
    Adherency is the first way to push yourself. Being inconsistent is usually why someone trying to reach any goal ends up not reaching it. You first have to know what your goal is and define it.
    If your goal is "I want to lose weight", then that's not defined enough to set up a plan to reach it. If this is the goal you set the goal weight first. Then you set a very reasonable date to get there. If the goal is 10lbs and you say 2 weeks, that's not reasonable. It's doable, but not reasonable. Go for the long. If you lost 1lb a week that would be 10 weeks.
    Then you have to plan how you will reach that 1lb a week. A negative 500 calories per day will result in negative 3500 calories by the end of the week. Then plan how you will eat each day to reach that negative 500 calories which would include exercise.
    It's not hard when you break it down. You'll falter from time to time (eating out, party), but if your consistent you'll succeed.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have lost all the weight I wanted logging on everyday and not exercising. I know myself and I know I would not keep it up so why start it.
    Anyway, Been maintaining for about 6 months and will always count my calories here or somewhere. Good luck