9-5 Challenge...Week 4

Options
2»

Replies

• PianoRaven
    Options
    I completed PianoRaven's weekly challenge for us. I have now exercised three times this week. So, can I goof off for the rest of the week and eat whatever I want? Please?:grumble:

Sorry, scooterboy...it doesn't work that way! Of course, if you did slack off the rest of the week, the rest of us might have a chance at beating you for the next weigh-in! :bigsmile:

Today's QOTD: Do you have a reward system for reaching mini-goals? What about a reward for reaching your ultimate goal?
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I completed PianoRaven's weekly challenge for us. I have now exercised three times this week. So, can I goof off for the rest of the week and eat whatever I want? Please?:grumble:

Sorry, scooterboy...it doesn't work that way! Of course, if you did slack off the rest of the week, the rest of us might have a chance at beating you for the next weigh-in! :bigsmile:

Today's QOTD: Do you have a reward system for reaching mini-goals? What about a reward for reaching your ultimate goal?

I usually reward myself every time I drop a pants size with 1 new outfit. Since buying a new wardrobe would be waaay too expensive, that will be my ultimate goal reward. I think that rewarding yourself with food defeats the purpose of trying to change your life. And food is the reason why most of us are in this situation in the first place. I always see people who say that after 20lbs they are going to eat a big ice cream cone or something else high in calories. I just know that it's not for me. I used to think like that, and that is the reason I'm still overweight to this day and struggling to get past a certain point. I think we as a challenge should share some examples of NFR's (Non-Food Rewards)...so clothes is my example. I figure it will give us some ideas on how to reward our success.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

I usually reward myself every time I drop a pants size with 1 new outfit. Since buying a new wardrobe would be waaay too expensive, that will be my ultimate goal reward. I think that rewarding yourself with food defeats the purpose of trying to change your life. And food is the reason why most of us are in this situation in the first place. I always see people who say that after 20lbs they are going to eat a big ice cream cone or something else high in calories. I just know that it's not for me. I used to think like that, and that is the reason I'm still overweight to this day and struggling to get past a certain point. I think we as a challenge should share some examples of NFR's (Non-Food Rewards)...so clothes is my example. I figure it will give us some ideas on how to reward our success.

I agree with you! I used to say I was going to reward myself with chocolate cake, or a burger with a bun, but the truth is, I just don't crave that stuff anymore! SO, my last reward was a mani-pedi with my little girl! I'm leary about buying clothes, because I don't want to drop $20 or more on clothes that won't fit me in a few months! Luckily, since I never throw clothes away (hoarder, anyone?) I have a closet full of a lot of different sizes.
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not submitting my weight ... I did not end up weighing myself this past week but I will tomorrow. I'll update y'all later.

So proud of everyone!! You are all doing so well and are inspiring me to keep at it.

I already finished our challenge for the week ;)
  • PianoRaven
    Options

...I think we as a challenge should share some examples of NFR's (Non-Food Rewards)...so clothes is my example. I figure it will give us some ideas on how to reward our success.

I have rewards set for every 5 lbs gone. In the past, I've bought myself special jewelry, a book I was wanting, new music for my workout playlist, and new clothes. This time, for my ultimate goal, I'm going to get some type of netbook.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I have not really rewarded myself yet. But I might at the halfway mark.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Achieved personal best on bicycle today. 11.5 mph for 10 miles in hilly terrain on a mountain bike. Woo Hoo! Decided to ride in an upcoming 20 mile race/ride. Tour de Festival here in Marshall in 3 weeks. Maybe will convert to a racing bicycle.
    :tongue:
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Way to go Scooterboy! You are doing great! Tell us, how does it feel to be getting in shape and reacing new milestones.

Everybody, tomorrow is our weigh-in, so let's make TODAY count! There are only 2 weeks left in this challenge, so let's all go out with a bang!
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Trying once again to burn 1000 calories today. Hope it works.
    :tongue:
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Way to go Scooterboy! You are doing great! Tell us, how does it feel to be getting in shape and reacing new milestones.

Everybody, tomorrow is our weigh-in, so let's make TODAY count! There are only 2 weeks left in this challenge, so let's all go out with a bang!

You are so kind to me (us). Thanks for your leadership. I had to go and buy new clothes for school once again yesterday. But I just bought new clothes a month ago. That is a great feeling. I started in July at 248.8 and have lost about 32 pounds so far. That in itself is exciting. However, once I reach my goal, I have to learn to maintain and I will need help with that.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, so now that I've finally found the thread for this week, which is OVER, can I get a link to the new one??? I'm missing you guys and gals :-)