Resting Heart Rate with HRM????

Options
dsak
dsak Posts: 367 Member
Was just curious what everyone's resting heart rate is???

I was sitting on the couch over the weekend with my HRM on (while inputting my breakfast into the iPhone app), and... I noticed my heart rate was 47! Thought I was half dead!!! Of course as soon as I stood up and started walking around it was in the 60s. Anyway... it just got me wondering if 47 is in the normal range... or too low.

Replies

• carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have it on % which would be just about right. mine is set on % and when i first turn it on i am about 37.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate 1st thing in the morning is usually low 60s.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked mine, it was 55.

Mine's was kind of an accidental discovery too. Had put my HRM and walking gear on and decided I better take a bathroom break before I head out the door. Noticed my heart rate was dropping so I sat there for a few minutes and just spaced out and it kept going down down down. Last time I'd tested it, my resting was about 70 so I was pretty excited!

I think yours is pretty normal for an active person.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    "normal" heart rate is between 70-100. However, athletes might have a much lower one, and then there's also genetics... I wouldn't worry unless you feel incredibly weak or like you're about to pass out.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine resting heart rate has dropped to the low 60s, but in high school when I was very active, my resting heart rate was in the mid 40s. My guess would be that your HRM had some anomalous reading.
  • DancingSquirrel
    Options
    My resting heart rate is around 60. This was a surprise to me since I hadn't gotten any significant regular exercise in far too long. I expected it to be much higher. Of course, as soon as I start to run it jumps up into the 140's pretty quickly so I've a long way to condition my heart but my base seems pretty good.