Seeking Friends & Support in Springfield/Coopertown TN Area

Options
I've been on weight watchers for almost a year. I only had about 20 pounds to loose but it has been difficult since I like sweets and fatty foods. I am not an exercizer, but my cholestrol has gone up in the past year. The doc says I need to get some activity in my life. Looking for online support friends and also possibly someone who would like to meet up for a walk now and then in the Springfield, Coopertown, Greenbrier, areas of TN. I work full time so it would be evening and weekend meet ups.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Not from TN but welcome and good luck.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit too far away to meet in person - I live in Mt. Juliet. But feel free to friend me for online support. I'm a kayaker, and I do drive through Greenbrier to get to Adams and the Red River at least 2 or 3 times a summer. It is beautiful up there, and when the Red River is running high, it's my favorite river to kayak in middle Tennessee!

You should think about looking on meetup.com for active groups where you can safely meet people to get some exercise. The Nashville Hiking Meetup is one of the most active and successful, and they do have hikes near you occasionally. Also, Nashville Active Excursions and Nashville Outdoor Activities are two good groups for all around active meetups, and Paddle Adventures Plus is my kayaking group. You'd still have to work on getting daily exercise, but the occasional meetup keeps it interesting.