ADD and weight loss

Options
Hi, I'm Brittany, I'm 19 years old. I was diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) about 8 years ago, I have a problem focusing-for those non-believers in ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), yes it does exist, believe me, and no it's not always caused by spending to much time in front of the TV, seeing as I was a bookworm as a child (and still am a bookworm), with out my meds I have to truly force myself to focus (which for me is about 5 times harder to do than the average person). Especially in subjects I'm not interested in, like science and math.

I take 50mg of Adderall everyday, and Adderall has a form of caffeine in it. Caffeine is an appetite suppressant right? Which I believe to be true, because unless I force myself to eat [while I'm medicated] I usually don't get hungry, except when my medicine wears off or it goes through a time where, as my doctor calls it-a "non-active" point-(it hits a "non-active point about 4 hours after I take it and wears off about 8, or 8 and a half hours after I take it). But after it wears off I feel like I start raiding the kitchen, like I become super hungry.

I guess the point of this post is to ask is anybody else out there trying to diet with ADD/ADHD? Does anybody else take a stimulant like Adderall to control there ADHD? What are you doing to avoid the post-wear-off-eating?

And yes I know it's been said that if you take the "Red food dyes" out of your diet your ADHD won't be as bad, but I rarely eat anything with red food dyes, except for the occasional skittle. And I also know that a healthier life style can help with ADHD.

Please let me know because I would love to be able to lose some weight