Scale

Options
How often do you weigh yourself??

Replies

• vass78
    vass78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I should probably weight myself at least once a week. I think I haven't looked at the scale in a month. I am going to try to do it daily and try not to get discouraged if I don't see the results on the scale.
  • jessisc
    jessisc Posts: 14
    Options
    Once or twice a week. I try not to weigh everyday, don't want to become obsessive. :)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself 3-4 times a day and would eat meals based on what the scale said. Craziness I know! Now I weigh myself on Tuesday only. If I don't like the number then I work harder and hope for a better one next week=)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    scale... good and bad... its okay to track if ur working towards you goal.. but the best thing is to get set of BF% calipers... then weight urself and calculate ur muscle mass and fat mass... because for instance a 185lb guy like me.. i can easly loose water weight or gain water weight 5-10lbs... if im working towards weight loss or anyone who is im sure they want to keep the muscle underneath.. so you could be loosing 3lbs a week but 2lbs of it is muscle.. NOT GOOD! u will keep loosing weight and you will look the same...
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Once a week at most. Any more than that and your normal fluctuations in weight are likely to de-motivate you.
    That's a theory anyway.
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Everyday!!! Sometimes several times a day ....I try not too but I do..:(
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself sporadically - usually a couple times a week. Whenever I feel lighter - I know that's a funny of putting it, but sometimes you just feel like your clothes fit better. I used to be very diligent about weighing myself once a week, at the exact same time each week, but lately I feel like I might as well weigh myself when I'm at my lightest - for the sake of not getting so depressed about the whole process.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have days that I record my weight so then I get on and get a correct weight as my scale can vary. Other days I just get on for a quick peek before I get in the shower just to see if I am staying on track.
    Just remember the scales can vary a lot by how much you ate or drank so don't let them ruin your day if they are naughty. Notice I said the scales are naughty, Not Me! lol
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week. Your weight changes daily so doing it everyday can just make you discouraged and confused.
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    I weigh myself as soon as I get out of bed every Monday morning. This way I look forward to Mondays! :)
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Once weekly is recommended, but I weigh daily, at approx. same time every morning. I guess it just depends on how you use the readings. I use it like a mile marker on a continuing journey. It's just a snapshot on the way.
  • bmb528
    bmb528 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like weighing myself every day actually helps me. It keeps me on track for the rest of that day because I think to myself, I want to be less tomorrow. even if it's only by a fraction of a pound. I don't know! that's just how i am :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning almost every week. I skip a week if I went on vacation, so I won't get "scale shock".
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    well i weigh myself at least 20 times a day lol. every now and then but i record it after two days. moreover, wot i have learnt is that your weight daily fluctuates by 1.5kg. i reocord my weight after two weeks and i weigh myself when i wake up in the morning
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
    Ditto. It's good to see where you are day to day so you don't get any surprises!