This May Be a Dumb Disney Marathon Question...

Options
But, if you run the races what happens afterward? Do you stay in the park and play or what? Do you have to purchase a ticket to do things? I know that you have to pay for the additional parks and stuff, but if you are running the race and your family is watching--what happens when you are done? Must you tear your children away from the magic of Disney because you have paid $160+ just to run the race and can't afford to pay for the fun too? Or do you just suck it up, pay $2 million, run, and have fun?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine ran the half last January and I believe you had to pay extra to go into the parks. Also, the race starts EARLY and ends before the parks open.

If your family wants to watch and wait at the finish, they'll pretty much have to go with you first thing because after it starts, they don't let people into the area where it starts and finishes. They block the roads and once they're open, they don't allow parking.

Also, if you're planning on doing this and staying on property, book your hotel QUICK or all that will be left are the super-pricey ones. They fill up fast.