Do I need to eat more because I worked out?

I started exercising this morning and now its stating I have all these extra calories I'm allowed to have my problem is I've had breakfast, snack, lunch and still have over 1,000 calories to take in. Is it necessary to eat that extra that I have enabled myself to have by working out?

Replies

• tessa681
    tessa681 Posts: 49 Member
    I started exercising this morning and now its stating I have all these extra calories I'm allowed to have my problem is I've had breakfast, snack, lunch and still have over 1,000 calories to take in. Is it necessary to eat that extra that I have enabled myself to have by working out?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    If you are trying to loose weight your starting calories are what you would need if you did just your regular normal daily routine based off of your profile assesment. When you exercise you allow yourself more calories. I don't eat all of them because the calorie count of the exercise may not be totally accurate and some of the foods may not be perfect either. It will take time to get used to eatting all the mini meals and exercise but somedays you may not be so hungry and other days you will use every stinkin calorie it allows!

Way to start off the new year!
  • dr_sus
    dr_sus Posts: 10 Member
    I don't think you have to eat them. They are a bonus in my opinion. But be sure not to eat too few calories like under 1000 or something for the whole day. You will not feel good and your body will adjust by slowing down its metabolism in order to conserve energy. Sounds like you are doing well!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    In order to lose fat, you need to eat 500 calories less than you burn. Don't eat all the calories available from your BMR and activity unless you want to maintain your current weight.
    So if your BMR is 1500, and you burn 400 calories from daily activity and exercise, that puts you at 1900 calories burnt. To safely lose fat, eat 1400 calories.
  • tessa681
    Its frustrating, I started this program back in Oct I believe and did really well just eating better, was loosing 3 lb a week, then all of a sudden i stopped loosing, then the holidays rolled around so getting back on track only now I started working out but I cannot manage to consume that many calories w/ the food plan i'm on, that would be like an entire extra meal....too much food....or eat the wrong things ensuring too many bad calories....Glad to know I dont have to consume the difference !!!!
  • tessa681
    :flowerforyou: Thanks so much for your answers, I really appreciate the support!!!

Stephanie
  • tparmley
    tparmley Posts: 1 Member
    You've hit a plateau. Have you tried really switching up your fitness routine? What are you doing for exercise?