Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh in?

2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I weigh in monthly. I'm following a plan that keeps me on track to lose a 1/2 pound each week. I find weekly/daily weigh-ins to be discouraging. I feel much better see the more significant numbers I get when I weigh in every 4 weeks or so.
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Every day. Sometimes in the evening, so I can understand the fluctuations and tie those to specific events.

Example...large stuffed pepper for dinner...lots of ground beef and rice. I was .5 higher the next day...but again, it takes longer for that to digest for me, and I've seen this before with certain meals. But equilibrium is reached at some point then I'll be a full pound lower within a day or two after that.

The counting of calories, calculating of Net after exercise works. In fact it tells me that I'm likely having higher metaloblism or undercounting calories on exercises. (Instead of burning 550-600 off the machine, the "suggested" calorie burn is in the 700-800 range according to websites for the same activity...so the machine is possibly under counting. Or metabolism has kicked up.)

Taking a period after the initial water loss ended (4 weeks /28 day period), I should have lost 11.06 pounds over those 4 weeks. (The stated goal was 1.5 pounds per week, but I'm typically netting 600+ under the goal after exercise, to get a projected loss of over 2.7 pounds per week. I compare this with 13.2 pounds actual weight loss. Again, some days I will actually go up, and then drop a half, then gain a half, then finally the next day drop like a rock. Like a stair step pattern, actually!

Weighing every day just helps me understand the fluctuations. Just long as you're truly honest about what goes into your mouth....
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks for all the replies!!!