33 Inches lost in 7 months

Options
Hey all,

I just thought that I would post about the importance of taking monthly measurements during your weight loss journey. There are too many times when the scale does not move that you begin to think you are failing. During those times stop and take a few minutes to do your measurements. You will be really surprised when you see that the inches are melting away even if the pounds are not.

I started January 17th so this week will be 7 months that I have been here on MFP and monitoring my weight loss daily.

Here are my measurements from about 6 weeks (3/9/11) after I started:

Neck - 15.00
Rt Arm - 16.25
Under Chest - 39.00
Across Chest - 43.00
Waist - 37.50
Bellybutton - 42.25
Hips - 48.50
Rt Thigh - 28.50
TOTAL INCHES: 270

Here are my measurements from over the weekend (8/13/11):

Neck - 13.50
Rt Arm - 14.50
Under Chest - 35.75
Across Chest - 38.75
Waist - 37.50
Bellybutton - 36.25
Hips - 41.25
Rt Thigh - 24.50
TOTAL INCHES: 237

So in 7 months I have lost 33 inches of fat from my body!!! This is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G feat!!!

So when you are feeling like you are going nowhere from the weight point of view, take those measurements and you will be shocked and surprised!!!

Good luck all!!

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Congratulations! I'm going to have to measure myself tonight. I haven't yet, but I already notice big changes in my stomach and hips. So I should really take note of it and track along the way. Great motivation!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!!! I could not agree more!! Great job!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Totally needed this today, thank you for posting. Congratulations on your hard work and subsequent success. You look great, and those numbers don't lie. Wow, I'm amazed and inspired.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow that's fantastic! Congratulations! Actually I've been taking my measurements EVERY SINGLE DAY. First thing after I get up and get back from the restroom each morning. In a 5 day period (while TOM was on his way) I only lost 0.4 lbs. But the inches in my log were flying off, totalling a 5-6 inch amount down! And that's just from bust, chest, waist, and abdomen alone! (I can't figure out how to do the rest.) So what you're saying is totally and completely correct. You've done amazingly and I hope to follow in such footsteps! Thanks for the reminder! :)
  • VApoppyseed
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic!

I'm running for a tape measure as soon as I press reply ;-)
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!