What Are Your Favorite Fitness DVDs?

Options
I see alot of Insanity and P90X on here, but I am in the beginning phases and think I need to "build up" to something like that. What DVDs have you used at home and liked/gotten results from? I think I am going to check into the 30 Day Shred, but want some variety, so let me know what's worked for you (or what's been so blatantly BAD I should stay far, far away from them!).

Thanks all!
Sharon

Replies

• sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im about half way through the 30 ds, but in the same boat as you. I want to try something else after 30ds, but dont think that I am ready for insanity or P90X. Hopefully someone comes up with some suggestions for you.
  • ralopez420
    ralopez420 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :happy: Zumba!!! it's so much fun and it doesn't feel like a routine workout!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've taken some Zumba classes here at work in our gym, but dont have anything at home. Is there a particular Zumba DVD you like--who does it?
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I like 30 Day sherd I lost a few pounds and about 12 inches!I also like Turbo Fire I am doing that one for the 2nd time.I had great results with that also.Ripped in 30 by Jillian Micheals is also good!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Years ago I had great results with Slim in 6. Of course I let it go and now the program doesn't do anything for me. It's great if you want to ease into more intense workout programs. Turbo Jam is also a great place to start. Right now, I'm loving Turbo Fire, which is a more intense version of Turbo Jam. I love Beachbody programs. When I bought Slim in 6, they were one of the only companies offering a well rounded fitness program with diet and nutrition guides. So, I just stick with them because I know I'll get a great product.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Another good one for someone starting out is Turbo Jam. Good variety. You'll feel wiped out but not like you want to jump off the nearest tall building kind of pain.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    bump
  • marneymac
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds was my go to DVD when I was starting my "back to health" routine.....it's very gentle if you're not used to exercising and can be easily altered to accomodate anyone's level
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Free / inexpensive ways to try out DVDs - to see what's for you:

Netflix - instant streaming or rental
    ExerciseTV.com (also ComCast channel)
    Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel

To narrow down your searches check out reviews and video clips of DVDs at collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvds.com

Good luck!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds was my go to DVD when I was starting my "back to health" routine.....it's very gentle if you're not used to exercising and can be easily altered to accomodate anyone's level

i have this one, it was a pretty good way to get back into a healthy routine, just kinda boring
  • gr8grl68
    Options

To narrow down your searches check out reviews and video clips of DVDs at collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvds.com

Good luck!

What a good idea! Thanks for the info--I can look into them before I commit--great!
  • gr8grl68
    Options
    Another good one for someone starting out is Turbo Jam. Good variety. You'll feel wiped out but not like you want to jump off the nearest tall building kind of pain.

I'm hearing alot about Turbo Fire. . ..putting this one on the list! Thanks!
  • TeaBea
    Options

i have this one, it was a pretty good way to get back into a healthy routine, just kinda boring

There are dozens of Walk Away the Pounds - Walk At Home DVDs. No - these DVDs are not for everyone. Different strokes for different folks. These DVDs are for the choreographically (and rhythmically) challenged - ME!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

Good luck!

do u know if the netflix streaming videos are available over the gaming consoles?
  • TeaBea
    Options

Good luck!

do u know if the netflix streaming videos are available over the gaming consoles?

Yes - Netflix sends out a disc - for use with some Wii, Playstation & XBox devices. Some Blu-Ray DVD players are also Neflix ready. You may need to use your PC to add the video to your "instant cue" first - then the video can be selected on your Wii .... or whatever.

The selection of instant workouts is fairly small.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    ok thanks
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    I see alot of Insanity and P90X on here, but I am in the beginning phases and think I need to "build up" to something like that. What DVDs have you used at home and liked/gotten results from? I think I am going to check into the 30 Day Shred, but want some variety, so let me know what's worked for you (or what's been so blatantly BAD I should stay far, far away from them!).

Thanks all!
    Sharon

Hi, I have tried p90x and the plyometrics is a killer! I too felt like I have to build up to the p90 program. My sister introduced me to leslie sansone. It is a walking DVD, but don't be fooled it is a workout! I was hesistant about trying it at first because it sounded like a granny workout, but I find it easy to get an hour of cardio in before I start work with this DVD. They run about 10 bucks at Walmart