I'm superman

Options
I just realized how much I've changed concerning my attitude towards food. This morning at work, in the little kitchenette next to my office, is a package of homemade chocolate cupcakes, and sitting next to it is a chocolate cake. In a common office area upstairs somebody brought in three containers of cookies: M&M, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin. It just dawned on me that I walked past all of them without even thinking about whether I wanted some. I glanced at them, thought "Oh, somebody brought in some snacks", and continued on my way. I wasn't tempted. I now have a will of iron.

Replies

• Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    great job!!! :happy: Soon I wish to be where you are!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    well done on totally changing your attitude to food...strong willpower.

martyxxx
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    I was usually not very tempted by office food, because I noticed early on, that the biggest people in the office always cleaned the pantry out.

Best of luck in the future.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    And now I want cookies ;)

(But I wont eat them)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well done! You certainly have an iron will.

Office snacking is endemic in my workplace. There's always goodies on the go and like Pringles, once you pop you cannot stop!

I've been working at home since I started MFP and I find I don't even want to snack and if I do, then I choose an oat biscuit or some fruit (grapes are great).

Man of steel with an Iron will :flowerforyou:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You ARE Superman!
    Nice job!

:bigsmile:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I would probably be very tempted but I think I could pass it up too! Great job!
  • skinnygirl49
    Options
    You should feel proud :smile: :smile: . Changing your attitude towards food, is something we all need to do. Especially me, I am a junk food, junkie :tongue: .
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Haha. Nice! Becomes a habit!

Where I work there is an endless supply of cakes, chocolates, sweets and crisps/nachos left on the 'Tasty Treats Table'. I actually sit opposite it but never indulge - it's become an alien concept now as opposed to a triumph of willpower - just as you have experienced.
    Its common to see folks who refuse the newest offerings publicly but then creep back on return visits throughout the day. I tell you it's quite scary to see how often folks treat themselves when it's lying around..

'to infinity and beyond' - cr@p, that's not superman is it :)
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome, that is always a struggle at my office where food is brought in nearly ever day for one meal or snacks.