What Time Do You Weigh In?

Options
Does it matter what time of day you weigh in? Should it be in the morning before breakfast or at night, right before bed?

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i do it in the morning when i get up as they say the morning shows the most truthful reading
    xxx
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    In the morning..on Mondays....(to keep my self accountable on the weekends!)...before I eat my breakfast.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat or drink anything, wearing nothing. Seems to be pretty consistent that way.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    do it after waking up, whether thats the morning or evening doesnt matter
  • LissaP26
    LissaP26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time- as long as it's consistently the same time every day if you are comparing. Your weight fluctuates up and down several pounds throughout the day. Personally, I always weigh first thing in the morning. At least in my head, I'm at my thinnest in the am, because I haven't eaten or drank anything yet. Every little bit helps! :)
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Everyday n the AM on before breakfast and after "emptying" bladder and bowels lol...
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Dr. Oz says....first thing in the morning....
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    in the morning, before shower, after answering nature's call....

Oh, and wearing your birthday suit!!!
  • mikalart
    mikalart Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning after all the duties !! A doctor that I talked to told me that would be the best time to weigh in:)
  • brarew
    brarew Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Morning ALWAYS, before breakfast. I weigh more than once a week to keep myself on track and to celebrate small weight losses through the week.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursday mornings Pre-shower post bathroom. But whenever you weigh make sure its the same time every day...but mornings are the most truthful. i tend to weigh myself two or three times and average the weights if I dont feel they are right...normally it's "how did i lose that much?!" which is always a great feeling!
  • crazycat828
    Options
    Every morning after using the washroom sans clothing. :-) You asked!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    in the morning... after going to the bathroom
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Yep it does matter when you weigh in! If you wants the best accurate results id suggest you weigh in in the morning after youve fully woken up and been to the loo =)

With me i weigh in every sunday morning around 8:30am.. If i weigh myself after night right before bed i can put at least 3lbs on from food and water intake throughout the day. And its just depressing soo i do it in the morning =)
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh in before breakfast generally around the same time each day. This consistency gives you better record
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    It should always be the same time of day. That is really all that matters.

To keep the numbers low, most people do it before eating and after the morning unmentionables.