130 lbs lost in 9 months [pics]...

Thanks to all my MFP friends and their support. I'm sharing my latest blog with the rest of the community....

Well I finally dug down into the 240's yesterday, after spending the better part of the summer "enjoying the 250s'" - see previous blog.

After joining MFP last November, I've dropped 130.2 lbs, and its been quite the ride. As of late, I feel empowered by the control I have over my weight, for the first time in my life. I've slowed the pace of loss this summer and proven to myself that I can live and eat normally without letting my weight skyrocket back up. Yes, I haved varied +/- about 8 lbs this summer, but within a week, I can normally set a new low. This is new to me. In the past those variances were often enough to have me fall off the wagon, and start a trip to a new high, but this time its different. I actually learned how to eat with both physiological and psychological control, and I can't be derailed.

I get asked all the time now..."How did you do it?" There is no other way to explain it. Diet and excercise. No shortcuts, no magic bullets, no crazy fad diets, notihng short of making my fitness a priority I was willing to sacrifice the temporary comforts of food for.

I still have some way to go - 50 more lbs would place me in the ideal 190's. Its not a race, it can take me another 6 months or a year to get there, but who cares? I feel better every day, and its one of the most fulfilling journey's of my life.

I'll upload some pictures of my journey....

November 2010:

2qs575h.jpg

Aug 2011

15s5xeb.jpg

Replies

• CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    You look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Great work!
  • You look wonderful!! Good for you!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    KUDOS ON ALL YOUR HARD WORK, YOU LOOK AMAZING!
  • Amazing job!!! you look great! way to go!!
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    good for you! sounds like you have a great mindset
  • hphm420
    hphm420 Posts: 34 Member
    What a transformation!!!! Great job! Inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing :-)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Wow! 130 lbs. lost is phenomenal! Congratulations! You look fantastic! :happy:
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Wow!!! Awesome Transformation!!!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    That's a HUGE loss! Totally inspirational for me. Thanks for the pics.
  • Way to go!!! I am VERY impressed!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    GOOD FOR YOU! must feel so good - you've worked really hard. Thanks for the reminder that it's not a race, health is my goal.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Wow AWESOME JOB!!!
  • GREAT JOB!!!! I love your story. It's always funny to people ask how you do it, and you say excersise and watch what you eat..their faces just fall. They are looking for an easy way out and hope you can give it to them.
  • fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    OUT-FRIGGIN-STANDING!!! Inspiration never sounded better!

Dude, you are my new role model! I LOVE what you said about there being no magic bullet...just exercise and diet (food control).

I hope no one interprets that as some kind of fad diet, diet pill, diet guru, etc.

Diet means changing how you look at food and what/how much you eat as a result. And you Sir, are the poster boy!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Absolutely inspirational! GREAT JOB!
  • wow that is incredible i hope this works for me as well as it did for u bt thank u for showing me its nt impossible and that it can be done!! =)
  • Wow. Fantastic job. congratulations and keep up the fabulous work!!
  • suse75
    suse75 Posts: 33
    you look amazing! handsome before & H-O-T now :)
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Holy cow! You look fantastic!!! That's a LOT of hard work ~ congratulations!:flowerforyou: Motivating for me to keep it up ~ thanks!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!