What do you count as exercise?

Options
I usually only count when I go to the Gym as exercise, but I am wondering if I should be counting more. I am a SAHM and have myself on the Light Active option I don't know how accurate that is. What do you count?

Replies

• junebug27
    Options
    I usually only count when I go to the Gym as exercise, but I am wondering if I should be counting more. I am a SAHM and have myself on the Light Active option I don't know how accurate that is. What do you count?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If I do it daily and it's more 'regular rountine', I wouldn't count it.
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    I usually use the calorie counter option on the Gym machines, then play with the time on here to make it match the calories I burnt.

Other than that I dont class anything as excersize, unless I have gone for a run or something that I have specifically set for excersize purposes.

Or at work if it is a specifically hard day, Cause the amount of calories burnt doing a few hours cleaning is amazing sometimes. :smile:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I don't calculate anything that I don't usually do everyday. For example.... Today I went to the mall for 2 hours... I caluclated the time I was walking around more ( I don't usually walk around for more then an hour at a time on a regular day)
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is a good question. I am wondering this too. I walk 20 minutes briskly back and forth to work every day, but I don't usually count it because it is part of my daily routine. But it is still 40 minutes of exercise....:wink:
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    I usually only count actual exercise, like cardio or strenght training. Since I'm on my feet most of the day I figured if I counted walking I would just be giving myself an excuse to over eat.
  • ShanIsRad
    Options
    I don't calculate anything that I don't usually do everyday. For example.... Today I went to the mall for 2 hours... I caluclated the time I was walking around more ( I don't usually walk around for more then an hour at a time on a regular day)
    Yes, I'm not the only one that counts shopping as an exercise, lol!!! :laugh: I actually take the long way to stores, and will walk back and forth across the mall so I get more exercise.

I count things such as running up and down the stairs at work, because some days I'll do it 10 times, and some days I'll do it 3. I work at an MRI office which is connected to a neurologists' office, so I'm always running over there to bring over MRI reports, get MRI authorizations, or going to talk to my friend, and there is a flight of stairs that I have to run up, which I count.

I also count when I'm walking around my campus because some days its more of a walk if I don't have a ride, and its either uphill or downhill, so I count that.