is it possible to drink too much tea?

Options
Is six or seven cups of tea in one day too many? I don't think its really possible to drink too much tea, I mean its just water. It just feels kind of ridiculous.

Replies

• speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Is six or seven cups of tea in one day too many? I don't think its really possible to drink too much tea, I mean its just water. It just feels kind of ridiculous.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking decaf? If not, all the caffeine in tea is not so good for you...and how are you not bouncing off the walls?!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure. It probably depends what kind it is. Most teas have caffeine in them which too much of that isn't great for you.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    in ireland, we have T every hour on the hour! :laugh:

well, it seems like that sometimes! lol

i have tea at work and college, but have bought the decaf T to have at home, so im not having as much caffeine

i like strawberry and berry teas too, so i drink them a lot too, to reduce my caffeine intake :drinker:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    sorry i just laugh when i see people freak out about the caffeine in tea. tea has usually 1/4 to 1/3 per cup that coffee has... so you'd have to drink 3 or 4 cups of tea to equal one cup of coffee... when many people drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee each morning! there is no sugar which makes it much better than pop and its full of antioxidants so i wouldn't worry about it. I drink a lot of tea but i usually switch to decaf around 3 pm. i drink probably 4 to 6 cups a day, along with a bottle or two of water.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I use to drink 2 liters of tea a day. Im proud to say that I have stopped. It was a slow process but no more tea for me. All done. Im craving water. :drinker:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good Question...
    Which I will answer with a few questions of my own.
    What are you drinking with your "tea" Sugar, Fake Sugar??
    Is it really TEA? Or is it what America calls TEA? IE Lipton.
    Did you brew it yourself, or fif it come in a bottle or can?
    NOW that I have given you these questions let me tell you why I asked.
    1) Sugar is self explained. Fake Sugar however has been known to make people hungry, and if you add one packet to the tea that you drink you are in effect harming yourself diet wise WORSE then with sugar. I will not go into all the reasons here.
    2) Nothing against Lipton but if it is a lipton tea it CAN have more caffine in it then needs to really be there. But not all Lipton teas are created equal. In this case READ YOUR LABLES!
    3) Along with the same lines as above but in addition to that thought...If it comes in a bottle or can it is all chemical and SO not good for you that it is frightening. IN fact there was a recent study that teas that come in a bottle like Arizona, CAN have MORE sugar per serving then a COKE! Not to mention the other things that are added to the tea to keep it "FRESH?" and the TEA color.
    Now in comment to your drinking water. ALWAYS a good thing!!!! Keep up the great work!
    But if you drink regular tea here and there it is actually GOOD for you! Antioxidents and all that good stuff!!!
    --Diann...
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK thanks guys. it sounds like I'm probably fine to drink a lot of tea. It definitely beats a lot of other things I could be eating or drinking...although it makes me have to go to the bathroom a lot when I drink so much liquids!

I brew it myself or at a cafe - no bottled stuff. Sometimes I add soymilk and honey. The calories from honey could add up, but I'm sure its less than what i would get from sweetened bottled teas.

Also, I drink all kinds of teas, black (highest caffeine i think), green, and also caffeine free herbal and fruit teas.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Then would be downsides... depends on what type you drink, whether or not you take milk/sugar (make sur eyou count those cals). I know that coffee and tea are both really hard on your teeth and can cause staining. I would think looking into decaf or Herbal teas would be the best bet and also drinking them Black if you don't already. :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Caffeine isn't everything :smile: Japanese Oolong tea is delicious and actually stimulates your energy expenditure, and encourges your body to burn fat first.

Its a pro-tea website, but I checked the info elsewhere as well.

http://www.teasetc.com/tea/article.asp?ID=1&Name=Oolong+Tea+and+Weight+Loss

For the record - I don't drink tea. I drink Crystal Lite and skim milk. I'm just trying to help. :bigsmile: