Sad Day

Options
I went to my christmas dinner at college today and am now in 2000+ cals for the day.

I recalculated and if I had been a little more careful during the day and a little less lax during the dinner, I could have easily stayed within my limits.

lesson: calories are everywhere and if you are not careful the will be devoured by you.
:cry: :cry: :huh: :cry: :frown: :sad:

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I went to my christmas dinner at college today and am now in 2000+ cals for the day.

I recalculated and if I had been a little more careful during the day and a little less lax during the dinner, I could have easily stayed within my limits.

lesson: calories are everywhere and if you are not careful the will be devoured by you.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Calories can't rule our lives all the time :drinker: I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas dinner! Its just back on the wagon tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey Pixie!!!!! Hey!!!!! That is what tomorrow is for!!!!

Remember when you ate like that ALL the time?? Welp, not any more. So take a break, let it go.

Tomorrow 1400 calories for you my dear!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hello Dear!

Its not Christmas all the time (though I can find a holiday in most any day! ha ha! An excuse to eat what I want!) But tomorrow is a new day! Maybe do a little more excersing tonight? The day is not over yet!
  • lnslucy
    Options
    Don't obsess about it. It's okay. As long as you had a good time, don't stress over the little things like this or you'll become OCD about it. The one great thing about college is that you can find any excuse to walk somewhere, whether it's to class or the student lounge, so maybe squeeze in some extra walking? Don't worry :wink: Tomorrow is another day and you'll get back on track girly. Relax and try to enjoy the rest of the holiday season. :bigsmile:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Aw, shucks. Thanks you guys. I do feel better.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: These are in token of my cyber-appreciation
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Also, just to give you a different perspective, there have been times in the past when I've actually lost after doing something like that. I don't know if it keeps your body from getting used to a certain routine or what. I know "they" say that if you're doing the exact same exercise motion over and over again that your body gets efficient and doesn't burn as many calories with the same effort. So perhaps the same is true for food. And I'm not advocating doing it often, but I think a "cheat day" or meal occasionally probably helps keep us sane. Either way, no harm done. Just keep doing what you've been doing. You're doing great! :glasses: