I'm new here, and wondering if this will work?

aprilann
aprilann Posts: 238
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a mom of 4 kids my youngest is 15mo and my other three are all a year apart in age(6,7,8)some days are hard for me to get up and get moving. I tried one other site and that didn't seem to work no one ever responds to you or if they do it's days later. I would like to lose 40lbs. I have equipment at home so I really don't have an excuse good enough on why I don't I just get lazy or stare at the TV to long. I read there's support here so I'm hoping I can find a partner hear or maybe someone that can relate.

Replies

• aprilann
    I'm a mom of 4 kids my youngest is 15mo and my other three are all a year apart in age(6,7,8)some days are hard for me to get up and get moving. I tried one other site and that didn't seem to work no one ever responds to you or if they do it's days later. I would like to lose 40lbs. I have equipment at home so I really don't have an excuse good enough on why I don't I just get lazy or stare at the TV to long. I read there's support here so I'm hoping I can find a partner hear or maybe someone that can relate.
  • Welcome! This site is extremely supportive. When ever I need a little motivation, I am able to see what others have accomplished and the advice they give. This is the first time that I have stuck to something for more than a few weeks and it think it all has to do with the people here.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    i love this site, maily because of the support!

i log in every day and i find it very helpful :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome!
    I am a new member and everything is helpful!
    Since I am writing what I am eating (which it should be writing and then eating) I am controling more what I am eating as well as all type of excersice I do. It works! But I love this site mostly because you read other people strauggles.. which look like mines, and if you have questions or just daughts, the support is amazing!
    I love it!
    Felixa
  • aprilann
    I'm wondering how did you get that cool weight chart/graph? Do I get one once I start logging my work outs and weight?
  • This sight works because their is a lot of great people and great advice. Also helpful hints. I just posted the other day myself. My friend told me that other ladys like to hear our story. So I did and it is very helpful to read everyone elses stories. It helps me to know that I'm not alone in the struggle. So welcome.
  • I love MFP. The calorie counter is especially helpful for me. Before I had no idea how many calories I was consuming. Welcome!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm wondering how did you get that cool weight chart/graph? Do I get one once I start logging my work outs and weight?

Go to 'Tools', then 'weight loss tickers' and follow the directions to get your ticker to show...

WELCOME! This site is AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

This sight is a god-send. As I was saying in another forum thread. I though I was eating healthy and was eating diet food but didn't lose much weight... it was an eye-opener to find out how many calories a day I was eating over what I should by eating "healthy-diet". And as for the support... I'm addicted! I sometimes just leave the forum up on my computer and refresh it occassionally and read the updates.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Welcome!

I've only been on here a week, but I already feel like part of the family-everyone is so incredibly nice! You will definitely find the support you're looking for here! Welcome to the party! :drinker:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

YES!!! This site works!!!! Just take your time and don't give up if you don't see results right away.

Good Luck.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Time. Patience. Honesty. Desire.

That is all it takes to lose weight. I did not think it was possible and now 25 pounds lighter I feel wonderful!!

You can do it!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.