motivation!!

Options
Ok so i have been on MFP for about 5 months now, and i must say its been wonderful. I have truly enjoyed it and everyone on here is truly an inspiration. Usually I m always the one that gives motivation and let someone know that no matter what your struggles are today u can always over come them. It just takes time. Well this is me humbling myself....I NEED HELP! If u are a friend on my page u can clearly see that these past couple of months i havent been myself...truthfully i havent been myself longer than that. i just lost all motivation to lose this weight. A frind of mine, whom i actually introduce to MFP, has lost already 50lbs in just 4 months. Im happy for her dont get me wrong but it just sucks that i cant motivate myself to do the same, it brings me to tears just thinking about it. i know i need to drink more water and have healthier foods and excerise regulary but i just dont get up and do it, im always grabbing the bad snacks, and i make excuses like "well there was nothing in the fridge" ok im done rambling any help will do, because i have to change, not for just myself but my son too.

Replies

• beccus
    beccus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'll be able to give much in the way of motivation, but I'm all in for support!! Have you thought about WHY you are trying to lose weight? Might it help you to re-find your motivation?

If it helps, I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, no step away from the path is a failure, I relax way too much at weekends and I think about food all the time, but I'm trying, and so are you. The fact you are still here is a good thing!

*hugs*
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All i can say is, TAKE YOUR TIME with the weight loss. Don't worry about your friend and how she's doing with her goals. It took me 2 years to lose the weight i wanted and that's because I did on my own terms. If you're worried about your son, then that should be your motivation.

Subscribe to Muscle and Fitness Hers, that way when you read the articles, it'll keep you motivated. Keep constantly checking MFP as well. There's a lot of people here who's going to support and motivate you. Hook up with a friend who is a health freak. Keep posted notes around the house and office if necessary.
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All i can say is, TAKE YOUR TIME with the weight loss. Don't worry about your friend and how she's doing with her goals. It took me 2 years to lose the weight i wanted and that's because I did on my own terms. If you're worried about your son, then that should be your motivation.

Subscribe to Muscle and Fitness Hers, that way when you read the articles, it'll keep you motivated. Keep constantly checking MFP as well. There's a lot of people here who's going to support and motivate you. Hook up with a friend who is a health freak. Keep posted notes around the house and office if necessary.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    thanks guys this defiently helps
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I like what beccus said, don't forget your WHY.