How on earth did I do this?!

Just geeked out over my food diary today. I NEVER thought I'd be able to change my eating habits so well. I honestly don't even miss the junk food! I find I'm craving fruit and vegetables now instead of crackers and pretzels. I don't even want candy! I now drool over the produce section at the supermarket rather than prepared foods and empty carbs. Cooking has almost become fun, too! I've become more creative with meals, and since I started cooking at home, I have saved so much money. Just wanted to give myself a little pat on the back :) GO ME!

Replies

• dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Good for you! :happy:
  • gloryrest
    gloryrest Posts: 47 Member
    Oh my goodness! Thank you! I needed to read this. Very encouraging. I'm so proud of you!!!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    I make my food diary available to friends, so feel free to add me!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Fantastic commitment. It's all fun and games until you wake up skinny.
  • I make my food diary available to friends, so feel free to add me!

Just did! I need motivation... Especially during "TTOTM". I eat horribly because I'm bloated and depressed.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Fantastic commitment. It's all fun and games until you wake up skinny.

lmao
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    You know what you sound like? A person who is destined for a great success story!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Way to go! I'm still not on board w/ the liking to cook thing, but I'm awfully impressed by people who do! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    That is awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Fantastic! :happy:
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    So cool! Hope I'll get there, too!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Having a similar experience myself. Also cut down dramatically on booze and not missing that either. Really enjoying having all that extra energy too.

Slán
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    I feel the EXACT same way! I never thought I'd enjoy running, working out, eating healthy or NOT miss chocolate and mountain dew (no, not combined :tongue:)! Being healthy and full of energy (most of the time) is soo much better than always feeling tired and regretful of what I just ate.

Keep up the amazing work! :happy:
  • jodieh06
    jodieh06 Posts: 49
    yay you! ;D love this.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Great news!! I bet you feel better eating & craving the good stuff; keep it up & off!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    I'll admit, my weaknesses are Red Bull (sugar free of course!) and Pop Chips. I've totally cut out soda (minus a few diet cokes and vodkas last night...), candy, and late night snacking. Using this site has really made me confront my demons and be totally honest with myself. When I looked back on older posts, I am disgusted with how I was eating! Now I'm taking responsibility for what I'm putting in my body and I understand that it is no one's fault but MY OWN that I gained the weight, and it's totally up to me and my choices to get rid of it.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    yay!! I experienced something similar when I went vegetarian--I craved meat and most processed foods less and less, and craved raw fruits and veggies more. congrats on the change!!
  • Right on! I'm going to add you to get more food ideas. I'm still working on the sugar cravings myself, but I'm always looking for new ways to do veggies. :)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    I am so happy for you. I can't wait to get there, too! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    I feel exactly the same, this website has totally changed how I think about food. Now I cook most meals from scratch, buy good quality ingredients and get really excited about that I eat. Go US!