Lean Cuisines Are Yucky!

Options
124»

Replies

• KelieHerrera
    Options
    Lean Cuisine ravioli isn't bad. It was a big help when I was sick for a few months.
    You might poking around Trader Joe's frozen aisle.
    Oh, how I wish we had Trader Joe's here :)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I tend to poach chicken breasts the night before, and make up some couscous with veggies and maybe prawns - dunno how they make those things taste like cardboard but they do it well - too high in salt too! You'll soon figure out what works well for you, a lot of people make their own chunky soups in advance, but soups not my bag x
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I only like their Chicken and Vegetables and the 3 cheese Rigatoni. I add extra veggies and a salad to make a healthy meal. Good for me when I don't feel like cooking.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am very much not a fan of the frozen dinners. Usually they're pretty awful. But the LC Market Creations (in the bags, not the boxes) Asiago Cheese and Tortellini are actually really yummy. I'm vegetarian, so I haven't had the other ones.

They're easy and quick at work on days I stay through lunch instead of going home. And very filling and full of veggies.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Google 'once a month cooking' and you will find recipes for meals that freeze well. I should have bought shares in the company that makes takeaway containers with the amount I use - I even bought a separate freezer to put all my 'creations' in. I cook a big batch of stuff on Sundays and have meals for the week for both lunch and dinner. It's really cheap, and so tasty!!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    dunno how they make those things taste like cardboard but they do it well - too high in salt too!

Amen, they become completely devoid of all flavor. And it makes me laugh about the sodium being so high because I would happily add table salt to these things to be able to choke them down.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Google 'once a month cooking' and you will find recipes for meals that freeze well. I should have bought shares in the company that makes takeaway containers with the amount I use - I even bought a separate freezer to put all my 'creations' in. I cook a big batch of stuff on Sundays and have meals for the week for both lunch and dinner. It's really cheap, and so tasty!!

That's smart. I am thinking of getting a chest freezer because ours is so small. There is no way I could freeze a weeks worth of lunches in that tiny thing.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of brown rice or barley for the week, and mix in some beans, veggies, and EVOO for a quick work lunch.