Stay away from Tim Hortons muffins

Options
They consume 1/4 of your daily calorie intake.

I learned that the hard way...I thought the whole wheat muffin was safe.

That muffin was the devil.

Replies

• keira
    keira Posts: 25
    Options
    They consume 1/4 of your daily calorie intake.

I learned that the hard way...I thought the whole wheat muffin was safe.

That muffin was the devil.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yummmm...I love Tim Hortons. They don't have any in Iowa which eliminates the temptation. I'm guessing you're from Canada?? I wish you the best of luck!

*Kistinbee*
  • seetagkis
    Options
    I am like you I figured the low fat Blueberry/Cranberry Bran would be good - not so!!
  • keira
    Options
    yeah. I'm learning a lot about food now that I'm counting calories.

If you drink an ice cold glass of water before meals, it shrinks your tummy too...just another tip.

I'm doing good so far though. It's been a week and I havn't binged.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hahaha yup...when it comes to delicious, processed baked goods, low fat=HIGH sugar. Just buy your own whole wheat flour and craisins and make your own yummy biscuits! :smile:
  • keira
    Options
    yeah!!.....now you're talkin'
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    ANY type of baked goods are "food bombs" (as my husband calls them)! I love Tim's muffins but haven't had one since September :grumble:
  • ybnormal200
    ybnormal200 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The muffin may be high in calories but is better than skipping breakfast. I choose a low-fat bran muffin usually about 300 calories. I couple it with a large glass of water and cup of tea. An acceptable breakfast, and the fibre content is so high, I feel full for very long.
    Even if it takes 1/4 of your calorie intake, it's not that bad since it could be considered as a meal.

I balance out my food groups in my other meals on these days.