The New Kid :)

marsgirlly
marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all, my name is Marley and I'm new to MFP!

I've been kind of lurking in the forums for the past couple of days, and it is amazing to me that nobody here has one bad thing to say about anything or anyone. :happy: You guys are remarkable!

Your stories are all so inspirational, and I wish the best luck to all of you. I know that I am trying my hardest!

I'm 5 foot 1 inch, and extra weight shows very easily on the shortest of short people :cry: But I've been on less than a week and I already feel better about myself and the changes I am going to make! My parents started MFP in October, and now I'm here and ready to go!

Replies

• marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Hey all, my name is Marley and I'm new to MFP!

I've been kind of lurking in the forums for the past couple of days, and it is amazing to me that nobody here has one bad thing to say about anything or anyone. :happy: You guys are remarkable!

Your stories are all so inspirational, and I wish the best luck to all of you. I know that I am trying my hardest!

I'm 5 foot 1 inch, and extra weight shows very easily on the shortest of short people :cry: But I've been on less than a week and I already feel better about myself and the changes I am going to make! My parents started MFP in October, and now I'm here and ready to go!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Marley!

Welcome to you!! :flowerforyou:

Stick with the plan & you'll look stunning for your high school graduation! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Hi Marly! Welcome. So glad to see a new young un on here! Start young and you will avoid the down falls and medical issues many of us have endured.

You can so do this!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

(oh and that shannon is smelly:wink::laugh: )
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hi there Marly and welcome. Stick with MFP and you will continue to feel fantastic and see results. I am only 4'11" so I know what you mean about being a small person. I jokingly refer to myself as shortround, but I'm working on getting rid of the "round" part.

Good luck, have fun with this and don't be a lurker it's much more fun to participate.

Lynnie
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Hiya Marley! :flowerforyou:

I am also a member of the shortround club :bigsmile: And in terms of this site, I think nice folks attract nice folks. And likewise, unfortunately. Here we gots all nice folks. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Marly! Welcome. So glad to see a new young un on here! Start young and you will avoid the down falls and medical issues many of us have endured.

:angry:

See if I ever make you my mackeral/limburger cheese casserole again! :angry:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome!

Good luck to you!!

You can do this! Just take it a week at a time and the small, healthy losses will add up much faster than you think they will!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :smile: Welcome!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

:angry:

See if I ever make you my mackeral/limburger cheese casserole again! :angry:

it was the side of anchovies that REALLY did it!:heart::smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Marley:happy:
  • Welcome
    The best as we all this together
    Walk the good walk...
    Felixa
  • hi marley. thought i'd be in south america and would come back and see your progress. now i'll join you on the daily journey instead. love & xxxs cookie23
This discussion has been closed.