I Broke 170!

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
Finally! I have been stuck in the 170s since the beginning of the year. I started the year at 173, got to 170 in late February, and was stuck there for three months. In May, I made a halfhearted attempt at Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift. I only did five of the eight weeks of the program and my eating was a mess. I lost a size, but gained two pounds.

In mid June, I started Turbo Jam and I made the decision to weigh monthly instead of weekly. When the month mark came, I didn't want to weigh myself because I wanted to be under 170 and it would be discouraging if I was not. However, the curiousity was killing me and I weighed myself a week later, I had lost two pounds and was back at 170. However, I was seeing physical changes and just kept going despite the voice that was telling me that I would never break through the 170 mark. My body has never given me this much difficulty about dropping weight and I was beginning to think I was stuck this time.

My last day of my first round of Turbo Jam was Saturday and I weighed myself on yesterday morning for the first time in three weeks with tempered expectations. To my shock, the scale said 168. I got on and off of it four times because I could not believe it. I busted through what was a big psychological wall for me and I feel like I've won the frikking Olympics. It's very motivating.

I know that measurements are ultimately more important than weight, but when one is trying to lose weight, the scale has to start moving sometime and I'm glad it's finally moved in the right direction.

6008460.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!! That is awesome!!! I was stuck at 173 for several months last year and never got under so i know how you feel and felt. I'm SO SO SO Happy for you! Hopefully this time around I get past 173 - I've got about 10pds to get there since I ended up giving up and gained really fast. I'm now back at it again and hoping this time I break 170 too! Congrats!!!

Good job!!!
  • kpersons1
    Options
    YAY!! Good job!!
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    170 was a stuck place for me too and I just bounced past it a week ago. I know your pain! And your joy!
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yay that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Those milestones are so huge!! :drinker:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all! Sorry I took so long to reply. I have what I call Internet ADD. I have little computer time each day, but belong to a few message boards and have personal e-mails to deal with, so usually by the time I bounce back and forth between them all just reading, I only have a few minutes left for replies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!