Losing 100 pounds!

Options
So what was it like to look at that scale and see that you have lost 100 pounds? I am getting really excited and I hope I am not building it up too much but it’s such a goal to be able to say “I lost 100 pounds” I am really looking forward to it. At my heaviest I was right at 300. So when I get that 100 pound mark I will also be reading under 200 pounds on the scale. Both are now veyy attainable goals for me which and one point seemed impossible. Anyways Would love to hear from any of you that hit that mark and would like to share your experiences!!!

Replies

• sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am almost there too and can't wait, I have BIG plans for that day!!!!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you in four more pounds ;-)
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I only have 5 more pounds to go but I know it is an amazing feeling at 95lbs lost!
  • sean797
    sean797 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing really well - fantastic - stick with it!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I was excited! I mean, it's amazing to know you've lost that much! I felt like I'd accomplished something finally! :)
    But for me, having so much more than a 100 to lose, it was bittersweet too because then I realized...I have to do this all over again...so it was like starting at pound 1 in a way too for me. It upset me that I could lose that much, and still be fat. That's the hard part for me.
    But it is wonderful to be able to say you've gotten that far!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    you guys are doing awesome!! I hope I make it!!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    6 more to go....almost there!! It's kind of surreal!! Sometimes I look at myself and don't really see a difference, but when I look back at pictures I can really tell. I definitely FEEL the difference...whoa!!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    great lose! u have done so good!!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I am down 114 and the feeling is incredible! There is a certain amount of body image that is difficult to overcome, like looking in the mirror. One day I see a much thinner person, the next I see a fat person. It takes a lot of positive self speak to get over this. I also have some trouble accepting compliments about my weight loss, so am working on accepting that too. It helps to get out old pictures and take pictures along your journey. I have had trouble finding pictures of myself at my heaviest because I avoided the camera at all cost. It is so amazing to go into any store and try on clothes and find things that fit. It is also hard to keep the spending under control. Feeling lighter, going up stairs one foot after the other, fitting on an airplane or bus seat without spilling over into the other seat, fitting on amusement park rides, no longer hearing your doctor dictate morbidly obese onto your medical record...I could go on and on.

Congrats on your terrific loss and accomplishment! Best of luck on your continued journey.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I am down 114 and the feeling is incredible! There is a certain amount of body image that is difficult to overcome, like looking in the mirror. One day I see a much thinner person, the next I see a fat person. It takes a lot of positive self speak to get over this. I also have some trouble accepting compliments about my weight loss, so am working on accepting that too. It helps to get out old pictures and take pictures along your journey. I have had trouble finding pictures of myself at my heaviest because I avoided the camera at all cost. It is so amazing to go into any store and try on clothes and find things that fit. It is also hard to keep the spending under control. Feeling lighter, going up stairs one foot after the other, fitting on an airplane or bus seat without spilling over into the other seat, fitting on amusement park rides, no longer hearing your doctor dictate morbidly obese onto your medical record...I could go on and on.

Congrats on your terrific loss and accomplishment! Best of luck on your continued journey.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Hi, new to the site and am amazed at how incredible you all are! Keep up the good work and I hope and pray that one day I can inspire someone the way you all have inspired me! I look forward to it!:)
  • courtneykk
    courtneykk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have over a 100 pounds to lose but seeing you and others able to do it keeps me going. Thanks and keep up the great work.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was excited! I mean, it's amazing to know you've lost that much! I felt like I'd accomplished something finally! :)
    But for me, having so much more than a 100 to lose, it was bittersweet too because then I realized...I have to do this all over again...so it was like starting at pound 1 in a way too for me. It upset me that I could lose that much, and still be fat. That's the hard part for me.
    But it is wonderful to be able to say you've gotten that far!

Oh I know what you mean. I can't wait till I can say I lost 100 pounds.. I'm happy for you!! But I have only lost 34 pounds and although I was super excited about it at first I can't help but think.. ugh I'm still so big.
  • pugs4eyes
    pugs4eyes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It feels so good to see triple digits. And single number sizes feels good too.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more to go till 100 lost but I already feel amazing at this point. I can only imagine when I get to my goal how I will feel!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It was a totally awesome feeling..to know that THIS IS REAL...I worked hard for this and IT FINALLY HAPPENED...I started thinking about the beginning of my journey when I thought that losing 100 pounds SOUNDED good, but would probably never happen...then...IT DID! and it just elevated my joy from that day...I lost 100 lbs the day my nephew was born..and every year, I will remember that..I lost something, but gained so much more :)
    I cant wait to share this moment with you!
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it seems surreal because I will get a look at myself and be like wait a minute that's me??!! Then other times I still feel like I have such a long way to go. The good news is that it takes less pounds a this point for me to see a difference than when I first started. Now if the last 31 pounds would go away it would be awesome!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    im still a ways away; but i will be there by the end of the year.. jen is so right, i think for me, seeing 100, will be like...man...i still have another 50 to go. the bigger goals for me are shortly after losing 100lbs (or weighing 213.5). Like at 209lbs I will no longer be obese; i will just be overweight. or at 198lbs i will be my 6th grade weight... i think meeting other goals will be much bigger for me, personally, than just seeing 213.5 on the scale. the only thing the 100lbs will be some big event about, is just that it sounds better on paper... you tell someone youve lost 50lbs, and they say congrats, good job. you tell someone youve lost 100, its "omg, you look fabulous" yadda yadda.