Under calories because of veggies?

Options
Today i have eaten 333 calories, including breakfast, lunch and a snack. All i have left is dinner. All ive eaten today were fruits and veggies because im trying to not eat processed junk and im working to become a lacto ovo vegetarian. So no meat either for now. So how do i increase my calories? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Beans, seeds, and nuts.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nuts and Seeds - you'll need them for nutritional value anyway.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nuit butters, seeds, beans, tofu, tortilla, whole wheat breads, hummus, etc.
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I have extra calories I drink juice or smoothies. For example I'll have a naked smoothie. Have you ever had one? Their really good and will add a w extra hundred calories. Plus its all organic
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    oh yum! definitely add foods like almonds, avocado, lentils, olive oil for cooking and salad dressings....:smile:
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You need a lot more protein and fats. Definitely nuts, seeds, beans. What else can you eat on that sort of diet. I'm thinking no eggs. How about tofu?? I would do some research on that diet and get some ideas on what to eat and where to get your protein. You must be starving.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Almonds, raisins, pretty much any nut has high calories but good fats and nutrition.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    have a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread

eat some beans and rice with salsa

have some tofu and quinoa

try lentils and potatoes with curry sauce

... but for pete's sake you need protein!!

- signed, a vegan :smile:
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You need a lot more protein and fats. Definitely nuts, seeds, beans. What else can you eat on that sort of diet. I'm thinking no eggs. How about tofu?? I would do some research on that diet and get some ideas on what to eat and where to get your protein. You must be starving.

I can eat eggs, im actually having it for dinner tonight. And believe it, or not, but im actually not hungry. I think i was hungrier when i was eating junk food.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I can eat eggs, im actually having it for dinner tonight. And believe it, or not, but im actually not hungry. I think i was hungrier when i was eating junk food.

If you continue eating so little your body WILL revolt. I promise.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just an observation: stay away from "Enriched White Bread" - no nutrition value at all. Go pick up some whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, brown rice instead.
  • atomdraco
    Options

If you continue eating so little your body WILL revolt. I promise.

Yup! Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230930-starvation-mode-how-it-works
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    what about cottage cheese? oh--and edamame...love edamame!!!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just an observation: stay away from "Enriched White Bread" - no nutrition value at all. Go pick up some whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, brown rice instead.

I will, i need to pick up alot of things. Quiona too.
  • atomdraco
    Options
    have a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread

eat some beans and rice with salsa

have some tofu and quinoa

try lentils and potatoes with curry sauce

... but for pete's sake you need protein!!

- signed, a vegan :smile:

So drooling with the list... :-)
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    SomeVegansAreChubby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. :)

I dont eat any animal prodcuts and my day usually consists of fruits, veggies, healthy proteins..and lots of healthy grains. Try doing a sandwich on whole grain bread packed with veggies. Or oatmeal added with your bowl of fruit. :) Lots of beans too!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. :)

I dont eat any animal prodcuts and my day usually consists of fruits, veggies, healthy proteins..and lots of healthy grains. Try doing a sandwich on whole grain bread packed with veggies. Or oatmeal added with your bowl of fruit. :) Lots of beans too!

Where do you get the healthy protiens from?

I know I'll never be able to stop eating meat (I'm just a carnivore at heart) but I do want to look into better options for non-animal protiens