The Intricacies of Donut Day -- question for all you body ex

Options
Tomorrow is Saturday. It is the day I allow myself to have a treat with breakfast, such as a donut or danish. Partly why it's Saturday is that I have a morning Bodysculpting class followed directly by Spin.

So...out of curiosity, what would be better: eating the donut before Spin and burning it off there, or eating it afterward when my metabolism is up?

I confess I'm curious!

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Saturday. It is the day I allow myself to have a treat with breakfast, such as a donut or danish. Partly why it's Saturday is that I have a morning Bodysculpting class followed directly by Spin.

So...out of curiosity, what would be better: eating the donut before Spin and burning it off there, or eating it afterward when my metabolism is up?

I confess I'm curious!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care when you eat the donut. It will use the calories it needs and store the rest. You could eat it at 2AM or 4PM. Doesn't matter.

Do get some protein right after you work out, and make sure you replenish with at least a couple hundred "good" calories, with nutrients - within 45 minutes after working out.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks!