Anyone 5'-5'3 and looking to lose 5-10 pounds?

Options

Replies

• bschutt
    bschutt Posts: 8
    Options
    Try being 5'2 and weighing 145 pounds!!!! It sucks!! I have too much hips and butt to get down to your size but I am shooting for 135 as my goal. It is very hard as I do quite a bit of strength training and running so that when the weight comes off, I will not be flabby. Can't seem to get the scale to move. Everyone, including my trainer, tells me that the scale does not measure success. Everyone tells me that I look good but I want to see it on the scales! I eat really well. I only take in 1200 calories a day and exercise 6-7 days a week. On three of those days I do two a days. They are extreme workouts too! Everything from cardio kickboxing to zumba. Each lasting an hour. That is why I can't figure out why I am not losing more. I also run/walk 5 miles a day.
    I don't understand! I will not give up though!!!!!!
    I'm thinking that you're probably not eating enough calories. You need to make sure that you're giving your body enough fuel to get through those workouts. When you're working as hard as you are and weight loss has plateaued, adding (healthy) calories will usually get your fat burning back on track. Good luck!
  • Cici2329
    Cici2329 Posts: 35
    Options
    Love finding some people with the same goal. Great to have some support.

What is your plan of attack for losing the 5-10 pounds? Food, exercise, etc.

Cici
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    1200 calories a day. One serving of junk food once a week.
    30 min cardio 5 days a week.

I don't know how long it will take though, but I am not in a huge rush.
  • bree2012
    Options
    I don't believe in "cleanses" or diets like Dukan, Atkins, South Beach, etc.

Just eat healthily, and allow yourself an occasional indulgence.
  • bree2012
    Options
    Is the myfitnesspal projected weight loss estimate accurate? I hope to lose the 8 pounds by the end of September. I have a performance. Now, that's not the only reason I want to lose weight. It is mainly to lose the weight I gained from binging. But it would be nice to be fitter for my performance.
  • bree2012
    Options
    Bump. Anyone else with similar goals?
  • shellshell43
    Options
    Bump
  • Cici2329
    Cici2329 Posts: 35
    Options
    We've had a lot of food events at work the past two weeks, and it's been crazy busy. I haven't been eating well or worked out as much as I should. It's hard when you have less to lose because everything makes a huge difference.

Cici
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i would love to lose 10 pounds. I'm 5'1 and currently weighing 125. :frown: would love to get back to pre preg weight of 118 but i think 115 is a good weight for me. more than anything i want to be toned. I still havent lost my baby belly and its so depressing especially since my son is 2 :sad:
    I am to tall for this group as i am 5ft 4" I am with you on feeling depressed on my baby belly my daughter is 3yrs old in December, I look like i am pregnant still. i will lose the tummy even if it take me years to do it. I am currently trying to lose 5lb to 10lbs but i am not doing very well
  • yvetaylor
    yvetaylor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5ft 1 and a bit and would love to lose 10lbs. I have absolutely no willpower. I certainly dont look fat but I know I look so much better 10lbs lighter. Maybe we could try and motivate each other. I weigh 125 pounds.
  • kikimichelle88
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 144 lbs. My goal weight is 130 by november. I have too much hips to ever get down to 102! but i like my body so therefore i am content being in a healthy weight range :)
  • teacher205
    Options
    I'm 5ft and 109lbs trying my hardest to get down to 105. It's taking forever! So hard to stay motivated, especially when my mother has reached it already! How is everyone getting there with the weight loss? I'm struggling to lose even 0.5lb on a good week, exercising at least 5 days a week and eating as close to 1200!
  • meadows654
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 5'0" and ~135 lbs. (Although I think I gained a couple of pounds back because of hurricane Irene!)

My goal right now is 130; it all depends on how I look and feel at that point. I'm very buxom and build muscle easily. I may be short, but I'm not little! I think 125 might be the lowest I'd go. I'll just have to see when I get there!

Thanks for starting this group!
  • Adite0
    Options
    Hey, nice to know I'm not alone. I'm somewhere around 132lb, although I need to buy some scales to check (fingers crossed that it is less). I want to get back to at least 125lb as my clothes are getting a little too tight and I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe full! I also need to start doing more exercise, urgh.
  • upsydaisy2011
    upsydaisy2011 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and have another 9lbs to lose, would love to get down to 112lbs but have set my goal higher as I'm never going to get that low!
  • fieldfare
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and 100 lbs, but don't know what to aim for as a final goal before maintaining - judging by the mirror need to lose at least another 5 lbs.

Lost about 21 lb before finding MFP and then another 5 lb since joining but it's getting really hard to lose anything much now and I keep gaining a pound then losing it again over and over. This is probably because I eat too much.

Lost that 21 lb by eating 1100 cals or less a day but now I just can't do that, can't seem to get enough food, keep eating all my cals and exercise cals and then some.

Thanks for the cold water tip - will use that.
  • Melaniemj
    Melaniemj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5" exactly - I currently weigh 136lbs and am feeling all of my extra lbs right now with all of you slim jims out there. I want to loose 14lbs to get to the top of my ideal medical weight - I did get down to 127lbs but have put some back on and as mentioned earlier can now feel it in all of my clothes its so depressing - im going away end of Oct this year and would like to fit in my clothes for the trip
  • staceylcash
    Options
    Im 5'3 118 lbs. its a healthy weight for me, but like many other lasies, I have had children and i have belly fat that im having a hard time getting rid of. Im doing booty slide. Im in my 5th week and i have seen some results, im just trying to be patient. I am trying to eat better also and cut my calories. Im doing an 8 wk challenge and im hoping to see more results within the next 3 weeks cause im feeling a little defeated as of now. Im not giving up though. I am hoping to have the body i want!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I guess slow and steady is the best way to go.

Not necessarily. I have incorporated many habits of eating and activity that have allowed me to maintain my weight over the years, but if I really want to lose weight I have to do something dramatic. Piddling changes do nothing and it's easy for me to go off my program and completely undermine my efforts. I also generally have to remove almost all major high-calorie foods such as sweets, alcohol, and carbs. As I've always been at a healthy weight and am trying to lose "vanity" pounds, to lose weight I'm fighting against my set point, which, I believe is a real phenomenon. It has risen as I've aged.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and yesterday was 99 pounds and 17% body fat, per my scale (which I think underestimates bf%). My lowest weight ever was 88. My highest, because of medication, was 112. Most of my life my weight was in the 90s.

As I say on my profile page, I'd like to lose some weight, but can't decide whether it's worth the effort at the moment. It would be a lot of work and my life is already very stressful. The only reason I want to lose weight is because of the way I carry it.