Olive Garden...

Options
I'm going to Olive Garden tonight for my mom's Birthday dinner. I love Olive Garden...can anybody give me some healthy alternatives to the Fettucine alfredo and pasta I usually get. Thanks. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Itsindakiss
    Options
    I'm going to Olive Garden tonight for my mom's Birthday dinner. I love Olive Garden...can anybody give me some healthy alternatives to the Fettucine alfredo and pasta I usually get. Thanks. Wish me luck!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi...I love alfredo sauce at the Olive Garden as well...we have to put our goals 1st and order soup and salad...easier said than done...good luck and Happy Birthday to your Son!

Fat Dancer
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Good Luck! I don't know how healthy their salads are but that is probably what I would get. You could get your pasta and just not eat all of it and be okay but I am not sure about that.:flowerforyou:
  • Kaycee22
    Options
    Here is the link for the nutritional information on their lowfat options.

http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/garden_fare/

I saved up some calories and worked out and ordered the Capellini Pomodoro and it was delicious! Have fun!
  • CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Options
    OMG Olive Gardens, my favorite. eat up and exercise like crazy tomorrow.

no for real, just watch the portions

have fun
  • tinathinplease
    Options
    soup, salad, and if you request, they will put their light dressing on the salad rather than the usual. Portions are the ticket here I think. Just be sensible.
  • keira
    keira Posts: 25
    Options
    I wish there was an olive garden in Toronto :(
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden now serves whole wheat pasta. Pick a dish with chicken breast and a tomato based sauce and substitute regular pasta for whole wheat. Ask for a to-go box when they serve your dinner and put half of it in the box for tomorrow, that way you will control your portion too.
  • miche1e
    miche1e Posts: 11
    Options
    well, your best bet is probably the minestrone soup but if you really want pasta, the capellini pomodoro and chicken giardino are both really good and part of OG's lighter fare. :wink: