Lost my mojo......

Options
I started seeing a nutritionist the day after Easter and have been logging into MFP since then. I lost just under 25lbs, but have lost my motivation!

I look in the mirror and I know I have to lose more, but I lost my mojo! I still need to lose about 50 lbs!!!

What has helped you all when you started to revert back to your old ways?

Replies

• mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've lost mine atm, but I find thinking about your end goal and how good you'll feel when you get there sometimes helps :) good luck x
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Scary isn't it!!!

I haven't lost mine yet but as I've just about reached my goal I bet it will soon happen!!! I get really worried about it!! I've been on so many diets etc etc (like us all) and I REALLY REALLY want to stay on track for the rest of my life.

A few times along the way I've listened to some inspiring songs...oldies but goodies...with great inspiring words..(well for me they were but maybe you could find ones that inspire you!!

Also...pray for guidence.

:flowerforyou:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it? If you stay at this current level will you be ok with it? What if you gain weight, will that be ok? If the answer is no, then visualize the next goal and keep taking steps towards it.
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place. I saw a nutritionist, lost about 25 lbs. Then summer hit, all kinds of family trips, ect..Fell off the wagon, but now that school is about to get into full swing again, and the regular schedules will start again, I realized I needed to get back on the proverbial horse. You can do it, just set your mind to it. Chose a day to get back to it and get yourself mentally prepared for that day. You can do it! Good luck. You will find your Mojo again!
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't worry because it does happen. Whenever I look at myself and think why am I doing this again, I try to think of all the things I can do now because of the lost weight. All of the cute outfits I can wear, how strong my body is and how strong I am for being healthy. Stick to it and find something to believe in...you can do this you just have to want it!
  • smokesone
    smokesone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Looking at your inspirations on your page I noticed one thing that should assist in getting your MOJO back!!!

Taken from the nursing times.net

Obese women are less likely to conceive than those with a lower body mass index (BMI), a new study reveals.
    The research, published tomorrow in the journal Human Reproduction, shows that for every BMI unit above 29, the chances of pregnancy is reduced by 4%
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I lost mine a while ago and found it when I tried to put on a pair of pants and they were too tight.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it? If you stay at this current level will you be ok with it? What if you gain weight, will that be ok? If the answer is no, then visualize the next goal and keep taking steps towards it.
    You should listen to Taso, he is SMART like that. I will put it a little differently:
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I thought back to why I wanted to lose in the first place. And boy did my motivations change, it started off "I'm going to lose weight and get that ex back!" And now it's "I want to have more energy, be stronger, look sexier, so that I feel better" but attracting cuter men is jsut a side benefit ;)

I went oiut and bought a bikini, I have NEVER worn a bikini but I plan to wear one at goal weight or before. I hung it on my mirror so I see it every day. And I kept one of my old size 18 skirts, and when I'm feeling down, I pull it out, and hold it up next to my new fitting clothes so I can see how far I've come!
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    This probably sounds bad, but I look forward to seeing the looks on people's faces who haven't seen me for awhile. Especially the ones I know were whispering about my weight. My goal is to have the weight off before the next family reunion!! Bwwwhhhaaaaa!!! Keep up the good work girl! You're worth it!!
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Try a new exercise or new recipes or types of food....buy fitness magazines? I even ha ve found shows like Heavy or the Biggest Loser to be inspirational..you can do it :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Today I almost lost my mojo. But I just thought to myself, is it really worth it to get lazy and skip that 30 minutes of "hard" work a day and trade it for a lifetime of unhealthiness? No, I don't think it is. I'd rather be healthy than lazy :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Try a new exercise or new recipes or types of food....buy fitness magazines? I even ha ve found shows like Heavy or the Biggest Loser to be inspirational..you can do it :)

Heavily Ever After is a GREAT motivating show! Don't get me wrong, the people seem like a couple of sweet hearts, but the guy hadn't even been to the second floor of his OWN house! Yikes :|
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Sounds kind of dumb, but, why not schedule another trip to the nutritionist? I go on a regular basis and have to take my food diary with me. She does not accentuate the negative, but sometimes does calculations to show me how some of my bigger non-compliant decisions cost me lost pounds. In addition, I can go over certain meals where she can tell me how I could have made a couple of changes to make it healthier without ruining the taste.

Every time I go, I learn something new about nutrition, in general, and ways to do better and I get remotivated. I don't go every week, and sometimes a few months pass, but as soon as I feel "off", I make an appointment.

I decided that I am not quitting or giving up this time. So, I log my food each and every day, even the days or weeks, when I am not doing my best. I still put it in. The ONE TIME that I stopped for about six weeks, due to a surgery, I gained five pounds, which was 10% of my 50 pound weight loss and I am back and have decided that I want to know HOW I gained the weight and if I had been writing it down every day, I probably wouldn't have gone so far off track.

No self beatings.....maybe some regret, but today is the first day of the rest of a healthy life and you take it one step at a time. That's why you have friends here!!!! We all know what it's like to lose motivation.
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about 45 - 50 lbs to lose, so if you want to add me and start a fresh again please do and I will help motivate you xx
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. Have lost just under 25 pounds since I started dieting. Was all into exercising and being healthy...and then I went on vacation for a month. It ruined me! Im home now and having a really hard time getting back into it. I have really good days and then a bad day. I want to loose at least another 25 by Christmas and I seriously need to get back on track!!! I have no great advice, but you don't want to go back to where you started. I know I definitely don't. Think of how much better you feel and how much healthier you are now. Good luck, You can do it!! (Me too hopefully) :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    For me it's one of the few blog post I made here about the difference in my body. I cannot go back to being barely able to walk, feet swollen and face breaking out because of eating junk food. It keeps me motivated and on track and even if I stray, it brings me back. I know I have to stay the course or get progressively sicker until I eventually die.
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I repeat to myself "maintain, maintain, maintain" and stay the weight I am for at least a week. Then, look back at ( really old) pictures of myself when I was healthier. If you can't motivate to work out, at least stretch and walk. And, experiment with one new healthy food each day. I found frozen pineapple during one of my slumps, find something that isn't too bad, but not a part of your normal eating. And, hang in there!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This! You have to want it. You have to want it more than you want to sit back and laze away the whole day, more than you want fattening food.

cownancy's suggestion about seeing your nutritionist again sounds great too :smile: