A slightly sad NSV

Options
Well, in the grocery store with my daughter mid week, I ran across a neighbor of about 20 years, who lives down the block from me. I don't see him very often, just every now and then. When I said "hello", and started chatting him up, he was strangely distant and cold. Both my daughter and I were puzzled...

Yesterday, while I was driving down the block, he flagged me down. He greeted me with his more usual warmth, and apologized for his unusual behavior. He asked me if I had lost weight, which I have. He sheepishly said that he didn't recognize me the other day, at the store!

I didn't think I looked THAT different.

Replies

• ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    why is that sad? its great that you have lost so much weight and changed so much that someone didnt recognise you. take it as a compliment as to how well you have done.
    congrats on your fantastic weight loss.
  • pudd1e
    pudd1e Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That not sad; it's awesome! That's obviously a tremendous change if someone didn't recognize you because of the weight you had lost! Congrats mate. Great work!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I don't think it's sad at all! Someone totally recognized all the effort and success you have had.. even if they didn't recognize you :smile:

When I go through looking at success stories, there are tons that look like a Totally different person from when they started. they also tend to have larger smiles....
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    lol. that is crazy. You look great.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hey, great job on the weight loss! - same thing happened to me. Saw a friend in the mall, yelled his name, and he didn't recognize me at all!

Look at the bright side - we clearly look much better! :)
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Congratulations on such a transformation! I have a small part of me that is afraid to lose the weight because I am so used to being a "fat *kitten*" and I have used my size and eating habits to make people laugh for so long that I am not sure who I will be when I am not fat anymore. I honestly, truly enjoy making people laugh with me. Now, I don't like mean spirited attitudes and I WANT to be healthy and trim, but I'm fat, inside and out and guess that I might be slightly sad about not being part of the group I call "The Fat" in the future.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    you really have transformed yourself physically ---> i'm sure people you know do a double take when they see you, spesh if it's been a while... congrats!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    omg this isn't sad at all...total transformation...thats awesome!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Maybe not sad but bitter-sweet? That was awesome!!!! CONGRATS on your weight loss! 69 lbs is a big deal. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad,! We had a FAMILY reunion in July, and a handful of them didn't know who I was> :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think that's pretty cool! :glasses:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Now a SAD NSV would have been if he'd called the cops because some skinny stranger was "kidnapping" your daughter. :wink:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I looked at your photos, bc I'm nosey and I would say you do look THAT different. In a totally good way :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of people (mostly neighbors too) do this to me. It is amazing. I now watch for signs on their faces and tell them who I am - they look so surprised. I agree - don't look that much different but I guess they don't see us that much!
  • bjalter
    bjalter Posts: 43
    Options
    I should only be so sad!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Now a SAD NSV would have been if he'd called the cops because some skinny stranger was "kidnapping" your daughter. :wink:

This!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome!!! Not sad at all!!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others! That is awesome and not sad!

I'll love it when people notice that I lost weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!