MAJOR Brownie Points!!

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Last night I was telling my husband I was a bit frustrated with the scale. I have not lost an inch or a pound in 4-5 weeks.

We discussed perspective. I have lost 25 POUNDS!! I feel great, healthy. I want to exercise and have so much energy. I am in a size 10 and they are somewhat loose.

Then he said the majic words every man should know:

"Not only that honey, you look 10 years younger" :noway: :love: :love: :smooched: :heart:

[you can imagine HE was a happy camper last night :bigsmile: :blushing: ]

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    Last night I was telling my husband I was a bit frustrated with the scale. I have not lost an inch or a pound in 4-5 weeks.

We discussed perspective. I have lost 25 POUNDS!! I feel great, healthy. I want to exercise and have so much energy. I am in a size 10 and they are somewhat loose.

Then he said the majic words every man should know:

"Not only that honey, you look 10 years younger" :noway: :love: :love: :smooched: :heart:

[you can imagine HE was a happy camper last night :bigsmile: :blushing: ]
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! :wink:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    yea, men are cute sometimes! lol

my hubby decided lifting me up in a fireman's lift this morning was my compliment for the day! lol :laugh:

'i couldnt do that a few months ago' he says!

thanks i think! LOL :tongue:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Awww, that's so cute!! :blushing:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    feelin' the luv ....here's to you :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Love the story. So cute!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    AWWWW very nice:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    No hubby, no boyfriend.

But my dad heard that I ran 4.5k in 35 minutes two days ago; he's always been very athletic so hearing him say "Wow, honey, you're actually doing pretty good" sort of made my day. And since he is in his 50's, it won't take long beforeI can outlast him in a run... then I will say, "Wow, Dad, you're actually doing pretty good."

:tongue: :happy: :laugh: :wink: :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    No hubby, no boyfriend.

But my dad heard that I ran 4.5k in 35 minutes two days ago; he's always been very athletic so hearing him say "Wow, honey, you're actually doing pretty good" sort of made my day. And since he is in his 50's, it won't take long beforeI can outlast him in a run... then I will say, "Wow, Dad, you're actually doing pretty good."

:tongue: :happy: :laugh: :wink: :smile:

:wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Very Sweet Hubby!!! I hope you "rewarded" him! My hubby doesn't say much, but lately he will say, "what about this or that for dinner, it won't hurt your calories". AND, he tends to stand MUCH closer when we are out in public, (he's always affectionate at home), he has always said I was beautiful and too sexy for my own good - or his. I asked him what he was going to do when I got to my goal and lost another 30 pounds, he said "worry". What?? He's worried I'll come to my senses and go find a younger, thinner, better looking man. As if??!!
    I am glad you girls and guys are getting such great support from you partners and family, I know how much it means to me. Hubby doesn't even grumble AT ALL about entertaining the baby while I am on the treadmill anymore. I have even got him on it (once).
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Awww... *girly squee* :bigsmile: Hubbys can make all the difference sometimes.

Mine doesn't say much at all, in fact, he is grumpy that I'm trying to loose weight - he approves of me loosing weight it in the waist/legs only, he wants my hips/butt and chest to stay the same size. Explaining over and over again that it does NOT work this way doesn't help. :ohwell: The most he's ever said is when reaches his arms around me he'll go 'Huh, thats weird.' Alarmed, I look up and ask whats weird. 'You're tinier.' :smooched: Thats enough!:smooched: :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Awww. He's a sweetie. It always helps when the ones you love can see a difference & end up being super supportive. Yay, AWTY! You're doing great!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    aawww .that was nice :smile:

mine thinks that calling me the incredible shrinking babe is a compliment .. there also youve lost bit of yourself !! when he hugs me.. or you better stop before you disapeer.. he also says hes got a new girlfriend.. a better version one .lol.. version 1.2

he makes up new ones everyday and makes me laugh so much :) he says his humor is his way of making me burn more calories..

ho and... he says that since only my socks are the things left that fit me... and i should wear only that :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow! We have some great DH's. Mine isnt always so good with the words.
    He will say "How much have you lost?'
    I will reply 'Oh, 20 pounds!"
    his reply "Oh thats all?":noway:

I didnt talk to him for an hour (more of a punishment for me than him :wink: :laugh: )

I finally said I was very hurt he would say that. He was SHOCKED! He said he meant that see-I didnt need to lose all that much anyway! I was never really fat!
    Uh, Ok!

I know men are from Mars and women are from Venus....I just dont speak his language so well!

Since I began telling him how important his support is, he has been so much better!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    all of your stories are so wonderful and very inspiring. The other day I bought size 14 jeans (the kind that is suppose to be slimming) Well they are very lose. My husband asked me what size they were and I told him I actually bought size 14 so they would be tight and hold it all in. He then said what do you have left to hold in...needless to say I love him even moreeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    all of your stories are so wonderful and very inspiring. The other day I bought size 14 jeans (the kind that is suppose to be slimming) Well they are very lose. My husband asked me what size they were and I told him I actually bought size 14 so they would be tight and hold it all in. He then said what do you have left to hold in...needless to say I love him even moreeeeeeeeeeeee.

another very lucky man tonight!:laugh:

And I suggest you return those jeans for size 12's!!! WHOOPEEE!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!