left over calories

Options
ok so after my workout I have 848 calories left to eat...but I am not hungry. Is it bad to leave that many calories out of my diet?

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    That's quite a bit, perhaps eat some peanut butter, nuts or a glass of milk?
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be... if you eat too few then you'll go into starvation mode and your body will actually hold more than it needs to which also makes your metabolism slow down and makes it harder to lose weight.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should eat at least and that is LEAST 1200 calories. If you don't then you will deplete yourself nutritionally. You should try to eat back some of your calories burnt as well because your body needs the nutrition it lost while exercising.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Eat some more of them. That's a lot of extra calories. :flowerforyou:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If you've eaten health and well during the day..forget them..they are just numbers...like the dreaded bathroom scales...listen to your body!!! Think of life before people could count calories or weigh themselves.....
    All the best
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's a lot. Shoot for +/- 100 from your target. One odd day won't hurt you, but next time, plan out your day's nutrition with your day's activity in mind.
  • kmcginley613
    Options
    I agree with the peanut butter.. when I have a lot extra calories I like organic PB and an apple:)
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I don't eat my workout calories either but I do agree with the above comment about some peanut butter, nuts, and milk would be some good choices to get the protein and fat that you need. Your body will start feeling it's starving and holding onto unwanted fat.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    I ate healthy all day and was almost too my 1200 calories but with zumba I burn 500 or more calories so it really brings me down. I even had snacks all day lol.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just shows you though that even though a lot of people say 1200 calories are not a lot of calories, if you are eating right, they really are. I normally do 1200 and then eat another 200 calories after a 500 calorie burn from exercise. I'm still at a 800-1000 calorie deficit daily at that given my current age and weight and BMR.
  • Andie3683
    Options
    Just shows you though that even though a lot of people say 1200 calories are not a lot of calories, if you are eating right, they really are. I normally do 1200 and then eat another 200 calories after a 500 calorie burn from exercise. I'm still at a 800-1000 calorie deficit daily at that given my current age and weight and BMR.

Yea it is a lot more than I thought it was! I feel like I am eating a good amount and snacking throughout the day I just can't seem to get to my right calorie amount. And I am full after eating, I never feel hungry.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I never really ate back my exercise cals either. My own goal was to eat 1200 cals a day, and if I was full, then I was done :)