Hi.......De-lurking need support buddies

Options
Hi everyone! I have been lurking and reading boards for a few days until I was REALLY ready to get started. I have been trying to battle these last 12 pounds since the beginning of the year. I lost about 35 pounds in the last couple of years and it has been really slow going. I quit smoking and drinking earlier in the year and by doing that, I have totally plateaued. I know I replaced the other habits with food, but I have used that excuse long enough. I need to get a handle on this once and for all and meet my goals. I am hoping to get some mutual support buddies. I think together we can do much more than we can do alone :smile:

Replies

• ELECTRAWOMAN
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been lurking and reading boards for a few days until I was REALLY ready to get started. I have been trying to battle these last 12 pounds since the beginning of the year. I lost about 35 pounds in the last couple of years and it has been really slow going. I quit smoking and drinking earlier in the year and by doing that, I have totally plateaued. I know I replaced the other habits with food, but I have used that excuse long enough. I need to get a handle on this once and for all and meet my goals. I am hoping to get some mutual support buddies. I think together we can do much more than we can do alone :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, your in the right place for motivation and support!

To quit smoking and drinking are the most positive things you can do for your body. Now it is time to kick it up a notch!!

Let us know how you are doing and WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on your accomplishments so far!:flowerforyou:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And great job quitting drinking and smoking!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    As a pulmonologist, I must say quitting smoking is probably the smartest thing you've ever done. Congratulaations :flowerforyou: . It's great that you quit drinking too.

Good luck on achieving the rest of your health and fitness goals. This is an awesome site. You will definitely be successful. :happy:
  • ELECTRAWOMAN
    Options
    Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome! I am excited to have found such an awesome place!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You've already accomplished SO much by quitting drinking and smoking. :flowerforyou: Now, you're getting ready to accomplish more with this site. There is SOOOOO much support here; you're definitely in the right place!!

Welcome. :drinker:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

And I love your avatar.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: