Ring size changes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is not falling off yet, but definitely comes off easier. I will be waiting to resize my ring until I am at my goal weight...and my 25th anniversary is in 2014, so I may be getting one of the "resizers" until I can have a my ring reset for my 25th...I really want to add to it and my husband and I are planning on going somewhere special for our anniversary and renew our vows with our children as our witnesses. We are thinking either a cruise, Hawaii, or possibly Italy!
  • cdclocks
    cdclocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :-) Ironic topic. I'm not all that concerned with clothing size in terms of weight loss goals, but my husband and I have decided that shrinking back into our original wedding bands is a great goal.

(After a few years, we both "outgrew" the original bands, so we bought plain gold bands as replacements since the originals couldn't be resized.) ...talk about an eye-opener! I sized the band I'm currently wearing, then sized my original band. Yikes! I have to go from an 11 to an 8! (Yeah, I know....big girl hands. ...all the better to strangle a smart alec with. ;-)

I wonder how long...and how much weight loss it'll take to drop 3 full ring sizes.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    My problem is not the ring size... it's the size of my bony finger knuckle! I have lost 30 pounds over five months and while my wedding band will slide and spin in place on my finger, I don't try to take it OFF or ON anymore because it won't easily slide over the bone joint midway up the ring finger. The skin is thin around this joint, so taking off the ring really huuuuurrrrts unless I use soap or Windex or something slippery. At least for me, this area hasn't slimmed down at all. Maybe because it's bone and cartilage? It's depressing because I have a beautiful engagement ring that I can't wear unless I jam it over my finger. :sad: