Crystal Light Drinks?

Yes I like 2 know if Crystal Light is actually bad for u to drink? I drink a glass every nite with my dinner. I read the ingredient on it and has lots of stuff that makes u think its not good and some of it I don't know what it is!!! So does anyone know if its bad????

Replies

• k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    I drink a lot of it too.....I hope its not bad for us! I'm sure just plain old water would be better though =(
  • runningartist
    runningartist Posts: 24 Member
    I also drink it! and speaking of bad... I need a diet soda once a day.... :-)
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    I drink the Crystal Lite Pure. It's all natural and tastes good. The lemonade is excellent :happy:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    If it hurts your body and you are in pain, then yes, step away from the Crystal Light. If not, I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a glass. I have seen much worse. In fact, I love the Green Tea Raspberry from Crystal Light. I am trying to pick up that habit twice a day again.
  • You can buy Crystal Light 'Pure Fitness' (the grape flavor is amazing) it's made with no artificial sweeteners , 15 calories per 8oz. So good.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I drink a min of 4 crystal lights a day... I do not drink soda at all and get sick of plain water. Hopefully it is good?!?!
  • RangedLunatic
    RangedLunatic Posts: 49 Member
    Generally speaking, something like this will not harm you directly. What it will do is keep your tastebuds adjusted to always having sweetness, which can increase your craving for sugar. You can beat that with self control... but personally I prefer to save my self control for when I really need it.

As for Crystal Light specifically, check the lable for sodium content. I don't have any here to check, but it always tasted salty to me.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    When I first started to drink Crystal light it would give me heartburn so I stopped drinking it for awhile. I have started to drink it again but I now drink the Raspberry Lemonade and it does not give me heartburn at all.. Maybe the lemonade helps with the heartburn or something but it does not bother me at all. I gives the Florida water here a better taste. :happy:
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    I drink the Crystal Lite Pure. It's all natural and tastes good. The lemonade is excellent :happy:

Never heard of that...I would like to drink something that will help me get more water down, it's just that regular crystal light gives me reflux...it's nasty.
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    they are harmless to drink. way better than plain old water and cheaper than buying bottles water or pop
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    If it isn't sweetened with a natural sweetener (stevia, agave) then it isn't good for you...Recent studies have shown that diet drinks make you fatter because the sweeteners that they put in them (splenda, saccarine, equal, etc.) increase your appetite...Your best bet if you can't stand plain pure water is water sweetened with a bit of stevia powder and add lemon juice...Good luck on your journey... :flowerforyou:
  • I'am guilty, guilty..I drink Crystal Lemonade at least 4+ glasses a day. I find it better to control appetite in the evenings and I have asked several doctors and cardiac nurses and all have said it will do you no harm and since it is mostly water, have at it!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    They are fine for you!! I have so many registered dietian friends and customers who have seen study after study, proving that artificial sweeteners are safe.....I do not believe they make you fatter.....I use artificial sweeteners in everything (sugar free syrup, yogurt, diet soda, crystal light, sugar free ice cream, sugar free jello, etc) and I have kept 100 lbs off now for 3 yrs!! It is fine!!!

Everyone loses weight differently and if you choose to use artificial sweeteners as a tool to lose weight, then so be itl. It is no one else's place to judge on how others lose weight. :happy:
  • lauristewart
    They are fine for you!! I have so many registered dietian friends and customers who have seen study after study, proving that artificial sweeteners are safe.....I do not believe they make you fatter.....I use artificial sweeteners in everything (sugar free syrup, yogurt, diet soda, crystal light, sugar free ice cream, sugar free jello, etc) and I have kept 100 lbs off now for 3 yrs!! It is fine!!!

Everyone loses weight differently and if you choose to use artificial sweeteners as a tool to lose weight, then so be itl. It is no one else's place to judge on how others lose weight. :happy:
  • lauristewart

• lauristewart

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Lots of hype out there about whether or not its good or bad for you. I think anything in moderation is fine - you know, unless you're Superman, then you should definitely avoid kryptonite.

I'm getting ready (for the first time) to mix some Crystal Light Lemonade with brewed Tazo Passion Tea to create a copycat version of Starbucks Shaken Iced Tea Passion Lemonade. Yum.......
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5169188_crystal-light-bad-you_.html

Does It Help You Lose Weight?

Studies have shown people who consume artificial sweeteners tend to consume more calories than those who use sugar, according to an article in Time magazine.

Why People Think Crystal Light is Bad

An Internet hoax caused a headache for products containing aspartame. An email claiming aspartame causes cancer circulated around the Internet. Dr. Dean Edell, the American Center for Health and Science, and the Food and Drug Administration have issued statements debunking the myth.

Read more: Is Crystal Light Bad for You? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5169188_crystal-light-bad-you_.html#ixzz1V8zAUSsd
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43
    Just a little note that I have picked up from my naturopathic studies and also from naturopathic consultants. Here is a question to ask yourself;

Do you bath yourself in juice (or mud) or do you bath yourself in water?

Drinking water is like cleaning yourself in the inside! And drinking juice of any kind (solely) is like bathing yourself in it or even bathing in mud. Your insides need to be clean too. If we drink plain water, it is like washing our insides clean. That is one of the reasons why a lot of detoxes recommend that we drink a lot of water afterwards.

Drinking juice is not a bad thing but we should consume so much water a day.....it is recommended for most people a minimum of 8 glasses a day.

The other thing is that it Crystal Light contains Aspartame. Aspartame degrades in Formaldehyde in our gut. Did you know that the symptoms of the Gulf War syndrome are identical to Aspartame poisoning. Apparently, the soda manufacturers sent crates upon crates of diet soda which sat in the heat over there during the gulf war. They started to decompose before even being drank by the soldiers into formaldehyde and naturopaths believe that this is actually aspartame poinsoning that is being covered up. There was an article about this in my studies this past year......interesting!

So honestly, I won't even touch the stuff anymore because of that. I guess it is up to you to weigh out the pros and cons. But this is what I learned in the past year. It really made me think.

Shannon
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    I drink about 2 per day also. Wild Strawberry - it's awesome. We (the general public) will probably probably never know the truth about whether or not it is bad for us until we're 80 yrs old and successfully thin. Then one day we'll see a report on the evening news that it causes cancer! LOL. :drinker: