What snacks do you keep at work?

Options
I've been staying at home with my daughter all summer, and I am going back to work this week. I'm looking for ideas for healthy snacks and meals that I can keep with me at school. Last year, I kept popcorn and dried fruit in my desk, but that got old. Any new/fun ideas?

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    If you have a fridge or break room at work, keep fruits like grapes or melon, etc. Crackers and peanut butter, 100 calorie snacks.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 calorie packs of Almonds. They have dry roasted, cinnamon roasted and cocoa roasted... so you have variety. :)

Fiber one granola bars/ or brownies

Luna bars/ protein bars

Sugar free Jell-o or pudding

Apples [so simple but SO good!] Grapes too.

If you put one Splenda over hot popcorn it's like kettle corn.

Peanut or Almond butter...whole grain pitas or crackers.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I take almonds to work. If you have a fridge, I also like to take sliced grilled chicken breast (eat it cold out of the ziploc baggy). I also enjoy hummus and bell pepper strips - delish! For me I try to find protein snacks.

Kashi brand has tons of snacks with good fiber, protein and low sugar. :)
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love having green tea at work so that I have something to constantly sip at instead of snacking too much during boredom. As for snacks, you could bring berries, air popped popcorn, yogurt, veggies and a low fat dip, or maybe a homemade trail mix.

Oh, also frozen fruit if you have a fridge. Don't buy the overpriced prepacked ones, just freeze them at home. I love frozen bananas and blueberries.
  • kcbTicen
    kcbTicen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I came looking for ideas but you must have just posted this!

In my personal drawer at work I keep chocolate pudding (I'm a choco-holic and this is a nice treat), granola bars (I rotate between Fiber One chocolate and TLC pumpkin flax seed) and oatmeal (for the mornings I'm in a rush). When I go to work each day I usually take an apple (sometimes some peanut butter or nutella to go with it), banana, grapes or an orange - I like fruit for my mid-morning snack. So I always carry something into work with me each day but I keep those first three things in my drawer constantly for a just-in-case type moment.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Try making your own trailmix.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I agree with the almonds (they are wonderful!). I also keep fiber one cereal (original) to put in my yogurt. Peanut butter is great too.

Fridge items I like greek yogurt, string cheese, and laughing cow cheese.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter crackers. They are prepackaged, and they keep me full for awhile.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    beef jerky...helps because you just can eat it fast. pistachios, i like how i have to work to get them...helps me not eat a *kitten* load of them. and my fav. snack...i dip a tablespoon of peanut butter into a 60cal chocolate pudding cup...its ridiculously good.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Almonds, ryvita crackers (I bring cottage cheese with a sprinkle of cinnamon from home), trail bars, trail mix (in premeasured serves). Or little single serve boxes of almonds/cranberries. I often have yoghurt or cheese slices or hommous tubs in the fridge.
    I jus found some yummy dried coconut and dried corn snacks so I added them to my trail mix.
    And sometimes lindt chocolate if I think I have the will power to just eat one or two squares a day!