week 4 same exercise different calories burned?

Options
Is this normal. This is my 4th week and the same exercise that I did last week is worth less. I haven't changed any settings just adjusted my weight weekly. is this normal? I went from burning 546 to 538 in 2 weeks

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to it, also when you lose wait you burn less
  • LilMissStrawberry
    LilMissStrawberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd say it is because your body gets used to the workout so doesn't burn as much - you've got to keep mixing it up in some variety :)
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh the less calories you burn
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

This. When you adjust your weight, it changes the number of calories you burn.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

This exactly. You'll notice it will continue to go down as you continue to lose weight. Also periodically MFP may ask you if you want to revise your goals to reflect your weight loss so you'll find your daily food calorie allowance will go down too, as in the same way, the lighter you are, the fewer calories your body requires to function.

Well done on your progress so far, you're obviously moving in the right direction :smile:

edit, sorry to the person above, appears I was typing as you posted so we said pretty much the same thing.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Is this normal. This is my 4th week and the same exercise that I did last week is worth less. I haven't changed any settings just adjusted my weight weekly. is this normal? I went from burning 546 to 538 in 2 weeks

If you're using the calculations in the MFP database, that is exactly right. I do the same workout 5 days a week, 35 minutes on the elliptical machine. As I lose weight, the calorie burn goes down just a little every time. People who weigh less burn less calories per activity. That's why my hubby and I can do the same hike and he will burn 1400 calories to my 800. :(