I'm HUNGRY!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• LisaM100
    LisaM100 Posts: 14
    Options
    The first couple of days are the toughest! Hang in there. I like to have a bowl of shredded wheat cereal with fruit when I get home from work. Then I exercise after I feel full to gain back some calories.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Ditto what others have said. Eat your main course and also ADD low cal fruits and veggies (for very little calories). Melons and straweberries are a great bang for your buck but veggies will keep you fuller for longer and are even more low cal.

Dip carrots in salsa
    Dip veggies in hummus (a great low cal protien snack)

Low cal protien bars = I love Tiger's Milk Bars (only 140-150 calories and high in protien)

Shop, cook, and prepare food when you can. I cook a large pot of stuff on weekends and then eat it all week. I also wash lettuce in advance. It is tough to start a program and not be prepared. I could never do that. I find low cal recipies, prepare one or two dishes (low cal banana bread) and get stocked up and ready to rock and roll.

p.s. for meals, when you mix protien, carbs and fat together it really keeps you full (such as rice, beans and a little bit of cheese), and other such combos

Be easy on yourself! Give yourself sometime to get used to the program and the new regime.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Exercise to earn more calories to eat : )
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    OBIVOUSLY I'm a moron and can't enter my data correctly. Just fixed that creamer thing and it freed up a bunch of calories!! lol

LOL! It's okay I think we have all done that at some point, LOL
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're just getting the hang of this, so don't worry it will get easier.

Look at what you're eating and think, is that really the best thing I can eat? Coffee & creamer for breakfast isn't really a meal! And they say Breakfast is the most important meal of the day anyways!

Anyways, cut down on empty calories and add some more hearty food. After all, food is fuel! Eat some more healthy, small snacks throughout the day. You want to make sure you are still getting all the nutrients you need, so eat fruit, veggies, nuts, etc.

You already know that you should drink more water, that will help! I also agree that you should re-evaluate your goals... if you don't have much to lose, do it slowly! It will be more effective in the long run! I know it's pretty tempting to increase your goals for faster results, but you don't want to feel hungry like you are!

You're going to get more accustomed to your restricted diet before you know it and it will become easier. Also, don't forget to add your exercise because you get to eat those calories back! YAY!
  • sara46ward
    sara46ward Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for 3 days, so I know what you mean. However, the first thing I did was get rid of all bad food in the house, then I bought beautiful good food. I've already learned to plan my meals ahead of time and my snacks. That helps a lot. If you're hungry, drink a delicious glass of water along with two strawberries or blueberries or cherries. That stopped my hungry in its tracks last night. Suddenly I was't thinking about food. Good luck.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think that eating something for breakfast with that coffee will help as well! Some high fiber toast with a small spread of peanut butter or something. I am just getting the hang of it AGAIN as well but that is the first thing that I have done. Eat more calories instead of drinking them. Good luck and it will get easier!