I just want a WHOPPER!

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You know what's just as good? Tofu and steamed veggies!

Not really. Eat a junior or split a Whopper with your awesome husband. Then go for a nice walk.

Banning foods all together could end up backfiring :smile:

:laugh:

Sooo true. Some things just have a certain flavor that you can't get anywhere else.
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    I've actually had a Whopper Jr., no cheese, a couple of times in the past 5 or 6 months. I ordered bottled water instead of soda and ate 5 or 6 fries. No harm done!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    There are a handful of fast food joints that I haven't even walked into in the last nine months because I know that I simply will not order anything that would be considered a "healthier option"...if I go into these places below, I will order what I love and kick myself in the *kitten* afterwards...If I am going to "cheat", it is going to be somewhere sit down and very expensive where I feel I have earned the cheating...

1. Burger King (Whopper with cheese, no tomato or onion or a couple of double stackers with BBQ sauce)
    2. Steak and Shake (Frisco Burger with string fries and cheese sauce, vanilla coke, and a chocolate chip sundae)
    3. Taco Bell (Everything on that menu...except the Fresco menu, which I can't stand)
    4. Five Guys Burger and Fries (anything on the effing menu)

Just about anywhere else fast food I can find an alternative that is better than the worst they offer, but not those joints...LOL
  • buchajo
    buchajo Posts: 2
    Options
    The best suggestion I can give you is be aware of how many calories are in which items BEFORE you walk into the fast food restaurant of your choice. I've been going to Subway a fair amount over the last couple of weeks. I know I can get out door with a 6" turkey sub for less than 300 calories. Pretty decent. No guilt there at all and it's a great sandwich.

However, last week I had a craving for Wendy's. Hadn't been to a fast food hamburger joint in weeks. Long since killed the Starbucks latte habit too. I decided to give in - but I went through that drive-thru armed with 10 minutes worth of information gathering that I had went through before I even got into my car and drove over there. Thanks to Wendy's online nutritional guide.

I ended up getting a grilled chicken sandwich and a kiddie Frostie and got out the door with just over 500 calories. It was all very satisfying too. I couldn't help but notice that if I had gotten a classic single sandwich and large fries I would've blown through 1000 calories on those 2 items alone! Many people also add a soda and a Frosty to that kind of an order too just to really blow the doors off when it comes to the calorie count.

So, see... I compromised. I still got a tasty meal. No harm done. All because I was aware. That's how I've lost (about) 30 pounds so far. That's how I plan to keep it off long term. Before I wasn't aware and I didn't care (which doubles the trouble). Never again. Bad things just happen in that situation.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I had to do a mystery shopper at burger king a few weeks ago. It was my first time there in about 5 years. I got half through the burger and threw it out. I was glad I got paid for eating that *kitten*!

Don't get me wrong, I like to have some junk food from time to time, but if I'm craving a burger it sure as hell isn't going to be some generic fast food chain one. Big home made style ones from fish and chip shops, that's what I'm talking about :smile:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'd just get a whole whopper with cheese with no regrets. One meal won't offset the amount of hard work I put in every week.
    Hell I may get a side of fries while I'm at it.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OP, you can have a Whopper Jr. or even an actual Whopper. Just limit the frequency and aim for healthier foods 90% of the time. One Whopper a month is not going to do any permanent harm. :) It's important to learn self-control while allowing the foods we love, not just by cutting them out of our diets until we cave in.

This is what I was going to say. Well, sort of. I was going to say leave off the mayo, because that will save you 180 calories and you probably won't know the difference. Get cheese if it fits in your calorie limit.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    OP, you can have a Whopper Jr. or even an actual Whopper. Just limit the frequency and aim for healthier foods 90% of the time. One Whopper a month is not going to do any permanent harm. :) It's important to learn self-control while allowing the foods we love, not just by cutting them out of our diets until we cave in.

This is what I was going to say. Well, sort of. I was going to say leave off the mayo, because that will save you 180 calories and you probably won't know the difference. Get cheese if it fits in your calorie limit.

I would never get a Whopper without the mayo. The mayo, for me, makes the Whopper. If I'm already having a Whopper I'm going to have EXACTLY how I want it. Like Panda said, no regrets.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You did good. What my husband and I do is get the burger just 1 and share.