MEAT Me at the Beach: 8/18-8/21 weigh in

Options
Ok all...I'm back from vacation and better than ever. I hope you are all doing well. I'm sorry that some of our friends have to leave us. We all wish "madamelaporte" the very best!

Here are this week's charts....

811au.jpg811bm.jpg

Your challenge this week is to enjoy the last few moments of summer. Think about the last 3 weeks we have left and how you are going to spend them. Start thinking of what you are going to do when the challenge is over.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Good numbers guys! Keep it up!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've been having a great summer. A little too good maybe. I have gained back 5 of the 40lbs that I have lost since March. I have let things slide for the past few weeks and said yes to a lot of little indulgences. I need to get back to business for the fall. I've been weighing in with that red mark gain for the past 2 weeks. Next week, no red for me. Promise.
    Thanks for the chart Vic. Good or bad weigh ins, I know that seeing it out there all charted up and colourful really helps to stay the course. So thank you for that.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

Your challenge this week is to enjoy the last few moments of summer. Think about the last 3 weeks we have left and how you are going to spend them. Start thinking of what you are going to do when the challenge is over.

I officially started back to work today and spent my day trying to get my classroom back in order. I got a lot done but I still have a long way to go. School starts next week and life will crazy as ever. I'll be finishing my first round of P90X on Sept. 14th and I'll immediately start into my P90X-TurboFire hybrid. When I start that I'll have 12 weeks until I have my tummy tuck! I'm very excited about that. Since life will be super crazy, and I'll be close to/or at my goal weight, I am not going to do another in-depth 12 week challenge. Keeping track of all the stats and making the charts is very time consuming and since I'll be back to work I won't have the luxury of time. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing these challenges and they keep me so motivated). I won't be doing a challenge, but I will be doing a 12 week accountability thread for anyone who wants to keep posting weight and chatting to help stay on track and be held accountable. I find that the weekly weigh-ins keep me honest. I took part in my first 12 week challenge when I first started in January and I have done one every 12 weeks without fail. Now here I am 30 lbs lighter and so much happier than I have been in a long time. I've made a healthy lifestyle change and I love it. I couldn't imagine going back to the "old me". Next week I go to my daughter's kindergarten Open House. Last year at this time we went to her preschool open house and had a picture taken. I did the typical "hide behind your child" move, but my face was very visible and sooooo round! I am looking forward to having the Open House picture taken this year and not hiding. :happy: I'll post pictures of the comparison. It amazes me that I am almost 35 lbs lighter now than I was at this exact same time last year.

I wish you all the very best and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all of the support, motivation, and encouragement that you have given me. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Hehehe, I'm thinking about what do now winter is nearly over :smile:
    We've had some lovely sunny weekends which really lend themselves to a long run in the sunshine - I've run to the beach for the last few weeks to train for my 12k race coming up. Once that is over I am thinking about starting to train for a half marathon - it will be challenging as I'm a really slow runner, but I want to do it anyway.
    I'm also having to have a good look at my diet - as I'm increasing my running hours I'm finding that although the weight isn't dropping away so fast I'm toning up and looking thinner even though I'm the same weight. Perhaps im finally building some muscles! So, the challenge is to eat enough to fuel my running while keeping a small deficit so I can lose the last few kgs slowly.

I hope you all have great plans for the next few weeks and months, I look forward to hearing them
    And thanks as always, Vic, for keeping us focused.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bumping for later.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    So looking forward to spring here. :)
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump

Thanks for all that you have done with this challenge!:flowerforyou:

It was perfect for me this summer and made me so accountable. Best wishes for a great school year-I went back August 4 and our students returned August 11. It is crazy busy.

Looking forward to your pictures next week!
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Can't believe where the time has gone! Two weeks today I'll be on the plane on the way to Florida for our wedding so it's likely I'll miss the final week as even if I have internet access I won't have any scales! Lol

Really happy that I have pretty much met my target; if I can pass it in the next two weeks then all the better :) thanks for keeping me honest! :)
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Beautiful job as always! Thanks so much for the chart and motivation. I plan to read and make a little more time to write!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump it up!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad that we won't have another challenge, but totally understand! Thanks for all that you have done Vic! This is only my second round of challenges with you, but I have loved it! Definitely want to continue to hear more about your victories!!!!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    bumping for later

Thank you so much for the challenge, it's been a great motivation for me! Also the charts are amazing xxx
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    bump
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Vic-
    You truly are an inspiration! You have helped me along my journey so far and it is incredible to watch you close in on the end of yours. I honestly can't thank you enough for putting this together over the last couple of challenges. You have motivated me to move more, eat less, and care about myself more than before. Thank you for everything.

Here's to the next few weeks together!

Jenn
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks Vic. I really have enjoyed your challenge. I can't believe its almost over!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

I officially started back to work today and spent my day trying to get my classroom back in order. I got a lot done but I still have a long way to go. School starts next week and life will crazy as ever. I'll be finishing my first round of P90X on Sept. 14th and I'll immediately start into my P90X-TurboFire hybrid. When I start that I'll have 12 weeks until I have my tummy tuck! I'm very excited about that. Since life will be super crazy, and I'll be close to/or at my goal weight, I am not going to do another in-depth 12 week challenge. Keeping track of all the stats and making the charts is very time consuming and since I'll be back to work I won't have the luxury of time. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing these challenges and they keep me so motivated). I won't be doing a challenge, but I will be doing a 12 week accountability thread for anyone who wants to keep posting weight and chatting to help stay on track and be held accountable. I find that the weekly weigh-ins keep me honest. I took part in my first 12 week challenge when I first started in January and I have done one every 12 weeks without fail. Now here I am 30 lbs lighter and so much happier than I have been in a long time. I've made a healthy lifestyle change and I love it. I couldn't imagine going back to the "old me". Next week I go to my daughter's kindergarten Open House. Last year at this time we went to her preschool open house and had a picture taken. I did the typical "hide behind your child" move, but my face was very visible and sooooo round! I am looking forward to having the Open House picture taken this year and not hiding. :happy: I'll post pictures of the comparison. It amazes me that I am almost 35 lbs lighter now than I was at this exact same time last year.

I wish you all the very best and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all of the support, motivation, and encouragement that you have given me. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Vic for all of your hard work, this tread has kept me going and I will be there for the next one even if it is just motivation and checking in. Since I have started these challenges almost 24 weeks ago I have lost 30 of the 40 pounds. I only have about 20 left to go and boy is it a struggle, but the challenge has kept me going. Thank you Vic and everyone else.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    FINALLY an actual loss!
    I have been in the gym only 4 times in the last 3 weeks due to work, but this week I was extra careful about what I ate, plus I drank enough water to float a boat! I'm finding it hard to get back into the gym routine, but I will in the next few days. I have to remember I WAS starting to enjoy it, LOL

Current Weight 186
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st):
    Weight Category: REDUCE
    6/9: 186 **start of challenge**
    6/16: 186 no lose-no gain I’ll do better next week
    6/23: 183.6 Whoo Hooo
    6/30: 183.8 going the WRONG WAY
    7/7: 184 179<<<mini goal weight ___>>>
    7/14: 182 FINALLY going in the right direction…DOWN!!!
    7/21: 181
    7/28: 179
    8/4: 178.4 174<<<mini goal weight ___>>>
    8/11: 179
    8/18: 177.8
    8/25:
    9/1: 169 <<<challenge goal weight ___>>>