Tae Kwon do!

Options
I just had my first lesson of tae kwon do and it was brilliant! Apart rom the warm up i never felt out of breath and an hours worth is -925 kcal not to mention walking there and back.
At first i felt a little odd shouting "kya!" but soon got used to it as the whole class was doing it, ans it is good mental exercise too as i had to remember which arm crosses over which for different blocks.
I would recomend it to anyone and the first lesson is FREE with a registered TAGB class.

Replies

• spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    I just had my first lesson of tae kwon do and it was brilliant! Apart rom the warm up i never felt out of breath and an hours worth is -925 kcal not to mention walking there and back.
    At first i felt a little odd shouting "kya!" but soon got used to it as the whole class was doing it, ans it is good mental exercise too as i had to remember which arm crosses over which for different blocks.
    I would recomend it to anyone and the first lesson is FREE with a registered TAGB class.
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm trying my first class tommorrow night. I'm pretty excited! My kids have been going for a year and then some, and are both orange belts. My little guy's instuctor told him yesterday that he'd be training up for green soon. The adult class looks terriffic. They are all different ages , sizes and ranks so I'm sure I'll get along fine but I must admit, I'm a little nervous. Our school follows WTF rules. Are you guys WTF or ITF? Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to see tonight!
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Body, Mind and Spirit. :happy:
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    My class is part of TAGB, which is the tae kwon do association of great britain, so i imagine it differs slightly from american but then again its all in korean anyway! Let me know how you get on. G
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It was wonderful, awful, hard, easy, and I can't wait to do it again!!:bigsmile: I'm very fortunate that I have a lot of support there,. My friends were there with me, the instuctor knows me from teaching my kidlets so I think she went easy on me. The actual adult instructor will be back next week so I think it will step up a notch, then.

The best was my kids watching from the parent room! They were so excited for me and I don't think I embarassed them too badly. My flexiblility is good and I can keep up with the cardio work but my technique sucks, but I know it'll get there.

I'm really proud of myself because it is so far out of my comfort zone, I wasn't sure I could do it. I tend to work out privately but I am sooooo glad I went. It was the first time in years I wasn't wife/mother. It was just for me.. I almost forgot what that was like.