Faux Motivators (funny!)

Options
Ok, I felt like I had to share. It made me laugh so hard.

I went to a small high school where the teachers all knew the kids well. My gym teacher was a guy who is best described as "adorably prickly." Very often quite cool and funny, but still capable of being a supreme douche. All throughout high school, I got a constant "You know, you could be DEAD in 40 years" throughout his class. And it wasn't like I was barely fitting through doorways either. Still, he's a pretty cool teacher.

He saw me at the end of the summer, after I'd started losing, and went "You look great!" But we didn't get to talk. During summer, I had occasionally emailed him fitness questions.

Then I was talking to a friend who still goes there, and she says "Oh, he was talking about you the other day! He was singing your praises as someone who's totally committed and dedicated to making long-term changes."

Pleasantly flattered, I asked her to go on. Then she continued, "And according to him, he's the reason you got motivated enough to start. According to him, he scared you so badly that you were determined to change your ways."

I nearly died I was laughing so hard. I don't mind him believing it, but I still think it's hilarious.

Do y'all know anyone who likes to think they set you on your path of health? I just get the mental image of me falling to my knees in front of my coach and going "SAVE ME COACH! Tell me, what must I DO?!"

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok, I felt like I had to share. It made me laugh so hard.

I went to a small high school where the teachers all knew the kids well. My gym teacher was a guy who is best described as "adorably prickly." Very often quite cool and funny, but still capable of being a supreme douche. All throughout high school, I got a constant "You know, you could be DEAD in 40 years" throughout his class. And it wasn't like I was barely fitting through doorways either. Still, he's a pretty cool teacher.

He saw me at the end of the summer, after I'd started losing, and went "You look great!" But we didn't get to talk. During summer, I had occasionally emailed him fitness questions.

Then I was talking to a friend who still goes there, and she says "Oh, he was talking about you the other day! He was singing your praises as someone who's totally committed and dedicated to making long-term changes."

Pleasantly flattered, I asked her to go on. Then she continued, "And according to him, he's the reason you got motivated enough to start. According to him, he scared you so badly that you were determined to change your ways."

I nearly died I was laughing so hard. I don't mind him believing it, but I still think it's hilarious.

Do y'all know anyone who likes to think they set you on your path of health? I just get the mental image of me falling to my knees in front of my coach and going "SAVE ME COACH! Tell me, what must I DO?!"
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Hahahaha...totally. More non-weigh related though.
    We just put an offer on a house and my one friend was soo supportive and when I spoke to another friend she was saying the reason we were so successful with our house search was because of her guidence (YES< IT WAS NOTHING TO DO OUR MORTGAGE BROKER< FINACIAL ADVISOR< PARENTS.....)

Hahaha....some people
    98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for sharing!!

My buddy and I went to lunch today. She spotted a smoothie/wrap/health food bar and we were stoked!!

The manager approaches us as we stand looking at the menu board and offers his services.
    I ask him for a nutritional guide so I can make my choice. He has it in his hand and asks me what I am looking for.

I replied-the nutrition guide in your hand. He is insistant that I tell him what type of diet I am on, what I am eating (NOTHING I am starving and YOu wont shut up!!!). I politely reply I am on a low caloric intake, but I look for much more than that, and if he will just hand me the guide, I will be able to make a quick choice.

He then starts to preach about good fats vs bad fats and that low calorie diets dont work. I reply rather loudly " Thank you so much for your information but I have lost TWENTY FIVE POUNDS so I think I have been let in on his secret!!!"

He then suggested the tuna wrap! Thank you MAY I SEE THE NUTRITION GUIDE PLEEEEASE!

Do you know he STILL didnt hand me the damn guide. I hate know it alls!!! I love new info, when solicited. My friend and I were starving and she was none too pleased with this delay. pfffft~~
    (btw the cals were 350 and 6 grams of fat!)