Gym

Options
Ive always been curious what gyms people go to and if they like them. I go to Planet Fitness and I love it. I actually buy the "Judgement Free Zone" gimmic. Its way better than the YMCA in my opinion. What about everyone else?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i go to bailys and love it
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am also at planet fitness. The price is amazing, and it is close to my house. I like the jugement free zone (though I broke that rule today, but it was because of her outfit -or rather lack of outfit. People wear crazy things to the gym).
  • kbarry90
    kbarry90 Posts: 48
    Options
    I go to the gym at my school since I am paying for it with my tuition and fees.
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    I go to the local community center, and it is a good use of tax dollars. I only pay 17 a month and they have an indoor pool(with steam room and hot tub), a fitness center, billiards for free, indoor and outdoor basketball and the library is connected to the gym so I can make a day of any trip there.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness. Its a no-frills gym i.e. no classes. But for 10 bucks a month I dont really care. If I want to do something class like..I can do a DVD like Tae Bo or Turbo Jam.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Home. Weight bench in the carport and DVDs in the living room. :smile:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Currently I do my workouts at home.
    Before my family & I moved out of state (almost 2 years ago)
    my mom got her & I both, a year membership at Curves.
    I loved it.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get to a Curves around here soon.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i go to American Family Fitness...i love it, they have lots classes to offer and they have child care while you work out. I believe they are only in VA. I could be wrong though.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a local community center since it was a good price and close to my work, but it was not convenient. I hated packing a bag, changing clothes, then changing again, etc.

I now do all my workouts at home. I have a pair of dumbbells, a book on how to use them, and a jump rope. That should keep me busy for a few months.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I went to PF when I first started but I found it too limiting...no classes, not enough weights...so I switched to a locally owned gym thats a little more upscale....lots of classes, steam room, weights etc. I gotta keep a variety or I get bored
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I go to Goodlife Fitness (In Australia). I love the classes and I love that they have a women's only area, but I hate the opening hours.

Back in the States, I went to 24 hour fitness and I loved the convenience of being able to go whenever I wanted! I also worked at a YMCA so therefore had a free membership to their gym. We had a great pool there, so that was a big part of my fitness routine (I miss that at Goodlife). I preferred the YMCA gym because 24 Hour often felt like a freaking fashion parade but when it came to classes, I don't think they were as good as 24 Hour. It probably makes a big difference in your local area as well... I was in East County San Diego. :)
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i do workout at home and at our school. for three dollars
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    i go to premier fitness...

planet fitness??? this just means ur not working out hard enough... if you can squat and not grunt... if you can do curls and then gently set the weight down after your set.... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!! by the time im done w/e im doing my arms simply can't hand on to the dumbell/barbell to set that crap down ever so gently so i dont make any noise...
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i got to premier fitness...

planet fitness??? this just means ur not working out hard enough... if you can squat and not grunt... if you can do curls and then gently set the weight down after your set.... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!! by the time im done w/e im doing my arms simply can't hand on to the dumbell/barbell to set that crap down ever so gently so i dont make any noise...
    LOL, I agree planet fitness has the most insane rules, but to each is own. I go to Lifetime Fitness
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I go to X-Sport and I like it. They have a pool(salt water), hot tub(two levels), a sauna, tanning and a spa. Lots of classes, studios, machines and a basketball court.

There are lots of pushy sales people but you can generally avoid them pretty easily.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Snap Fitness.

I pay $12 per month, my work pays $25.

I travel a lot and they have locations in most places I go.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I own a small town gym in Washington State. It's interesting hearing all these responses. From what I hear, I think most of you would love our gym. It's personal, convenient, no contract, excellent equipment, an attractive setting, something for everyone (except swimmers) reasonably priced, and we have awesome classes, and a great staff.....if I do say so myself. But I'm always interested in hearing what people have to say. So thank you, and remember, the gym business is a tough one, so be kind to us.
    :flowerforyou:
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness - I work shift, so the convenience of being able to work out at 2am safely is necessary for me. Also, I'm a swimmer - LOVE the pool!!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I workout at my house. I used to have a gym membership (and hopefully it will be reactivated in the near future) to a locally owned, 24/7 fitness center in town. I love that it's 24 hours (excluding major holidays) since I keep such weird hours myself.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i go to Anytime Fitness (in australia, but apparently they are world wide). its 24/7 and there is one 5 mins from home and another 5 mins from work.

there are no classes, which is fine by me cos i wouldnt use them anyway. all the equipment is very new which is great also.

gym fees in aust seem to be a lot higher. i pay $12 per week, which i think is pretty good. my wife goes to contours (similar to curves) and pays 60 per month.