September Challenge - New Group (need 10 dedicated ppl)

Options
Hi fellow MFP! My name is Shannon, aka swillis21, I am a mother of 2 lil ones, and love a good challenge ;) Some of you may have already seen the monthly challenges done by Gary6030. I want to start one of the groups that competes in the September Challenge, and so I will need 9 other people who are interested in being commited to really pushing themselves to join me! The challenges include a lot of high-intesity workouts, so be ready to bring it! (I'm new to this myself, but just searched the forums for August's challenges to get an idea of what the challenges are like). So, here we go!!!

PLEASE READ this whole post if you are interested:
"If you have 5lbs to lose or 500lbs to lose this TEAM CHALLENGE is for YOU!

We're preparing for the next Team Challenge Series! We are stepping it up in September and going TRIBAL!
Due to the popularity and overwhelming success of the "Kicking the Crap out of August" Challenge I've decided to host another Team Challenge for the month of September.

We currently have over 600 participants in the August Challenge. Our goal is to reach 1000 people with a combined weight loss of 5000lbs in September!

What is it? Each week I assign daily exercise challenges that you and your team of 10 will complete. (Each week the challenges intensify)

Each team also has a weekly team challenge. Each team earns points for these challenges. If every person on your team completes each challenge you earn BONUS TEAM POINTS. Team weight loss % points are also added to form a combined team score.

If you are interested in joining us this September and going TRIBAL you need to have the following:

A TEAM Captain + 9 other team mates
Be willing to commit to the daily challenges
Submit Daily updates to team captain
Submit once a week your current weight/loss
Bring a positive attitude!

Once you have formed a team. The team captain will Inbox me on MFP with the following information

Team Name and their external email address. I do not need a roster of your people but you will need 9 other people to participate for a total of 10

I will email you a copy of the September Points Tracker and the official rules.

LETS GET 100 TEAMS and LETS LOSE 5000lbs! We can do this MFP Family! LET'S GET TRIBAL"

So....Who is ready to join my team and become that much closer to our fitness goal??

Please copy & paste this list, and then add your name:
1. swillis21 (team captain)

Replies

• kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Aug Challenge and loving it!! It's so helpful :)

2. kjjm08 (kristen)
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
    4.CNParker (Candice)
  • change_happens
    Options
    2. change_happens
  • maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi fellow MFP! My name is Shannon, aka swillis21, I am a mother of 2 lil ones, and love a good challenge ;) Some of you may have already seen the monthly challenges done by Gary6030. I want to start one of the groups that competes in the September Challenge, and so I will need 9 other people who are interested in being commited to really pushing themselves to join me! The challenges include a lot of high-intesity workouts, so be ready to bring it! (I'm new to this myself, but just searched the forums for August's challenges to get an idea of what the challenges are like). So, here we go!!!

PLEASE READ this whole post if you are interested:
    "If you have 5lbs to lose or 500lbs to lose this TEAM CHALLENGE is for YOU!

We're preparing for the next Team Challenge Series! We are stepping it up in September and going TRIBAL!
    Due to the popularity and overwhelming success of the "Kicking the Crap out of August" Challenge I've decided to host another Team Challenge for the month of September.

We currently have over 600 participants in the August Challenge. Our goal is to reach 1000 people with a combined weight loss of 5000lbs in September!

What is it? Each week I assign daily exercise challenges that you and your team of 10 will complete. (Each week the challenges intensify)

Each team also has a weekly team challenge. Each team earns points for these challenges. If every person on your team completes each challenge you earn BONUS TEAM POINTS. Team weight loss % points are also added to form a combined team score.

If you are interested in joining us this September and going TRIBAL you need to have the following:

A TEAM Captain + 9 other team mates
    Be willing to commit to the daily challenges
    Submit Daily updates to team captain
    Submit once a week your current weight/loss
    Bring a positive attitude!

Once you have formed a team. The team captain will Inbox me on MFP with the following information

Team Name and their external email address. I do not need a roster of your people but you will need 9 other people to participate for a total of 10

I will email you a copy of the September Points Tracker and the official rules.

LETS GET 100 TEAMS and LETS LOSE 5000lbs! We can do this MFP Family! LET'S GET TRIBAL"

So....Who is ready to join my team and become that much closer to our fitness goal??

2. kjm08
    3. maroon98 (Kim)

i've added myself to your list! I'm doing the august challenge and it's great fun!
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ok you got me interested. I haven't been watching this monthly challenge, but sounds like just what I need. Can I get an example of what the exercise challenges might be from last month and will I need gym membership or additional equiptment to accomplish them, cuz i do my working out from home.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)

2.pammie1000
  • MissKahli
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
    4. MissKahli (kahli)
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
    4.CNParker
    5. kizzy67
    Edited by CNParker on Mon 08/15/11 07:28 PM
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
    4.CNParker (Candice)
    5. Mikeyken (Michelle)
    6. Miss Kahli
    7. pammie1000
    8. maroon98
    9. change_happens
  • sandyj07
    sandyj07 Posts: 12
    Options
    2. kjjm08 (kristen)
    3. tigersmoondiva
    4.CNParker (Candice)
    5. Mikeyken (Michelle)
    6. Miss Kahli
    7. pammie1000
    8. maroon98
    9. change_happens
    10. sandyj07
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow! That filled up fast!! (10 min) Love the enthusiasm everyone! Sorry for the last few ppl, but I've got to be fair so I'll list the first 10 ppl to reply - the copy & paste got a little off, so I apologize to anyone else who posted after! But don't hesitate to try starting your own group or keep searching the next few days for other groups! So the final list in order of posts is:

1) swillis21
    2) Kjjm08
    3) tigersmoondiva
    4) CNParker
    5) change_happens
    6) maroon98
    7) mikeyken
    8) pammie1000
    9) MissKahli
    10)kizzy67

sorry if there are typos trying to rush to close the group, will post an update soon! And suggest any names you all would like :D
  • equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll join any team!
  • swillis21
    Options
    @Sandyj07 - I am so sorry :( The 2 ppl who posted before you took the last two spots. The copy & paste just got out of order bc everyone was posting at the same time. Feel free to start your own group, or look for others, thnx!
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Anyone can add me as a friend on here as well. It definitely helps during the challenge :)

As for names...I suck lol. How about The Cupcake Destroyers! LOL jk!
  • swillis21
    Options
    yes! Let's all try to add everyone on here as friends ;) it's only 10, so very doable! And btw does anyone know how I mark this as a "closed group" or does that have to be on a new thread? lol
  • swillis21
    Options
    ok, so I can't name OUR group on my own ladies! :P Cupcake Destroyers is all I've got, any others...
    We're all women,
    We'll definitely be breaking a sweat,
    We are strong!
    all I got is... TheEnergizers
    bc we'll keep going and going, just as strong the last mile as the first, :P lol, idk so feedback please!!

btw this is really neat and just fyi, I count 171 lbs for what I found we've all lost so far!
    swillis21 - 17 lbs
    Kjjm08 - 10 lbs
    tigersmooondivas - 22 lbs
    CNParker - 13 lbs
    change_happens - 22 lbs
    maroon98 - ?
    mikeyken - 24 lbs
    Pammie1000 - 32 lbs
    MissKahli - 21 lbs
    kizzy67 - 10 lbs
  • tigersmoondiva
    Options
    The Cupcake Energizers?? (Nooo that'd be BAD.......)
  • tigersmoondiva
    Options
    I have been thinkin since it will be "tribal" why don't we play with something "houdoo"ish...? (Get your pins and stab the CRAP out of those cupcakes!)
  • swillis21
    Options
    Thanks Tigersmoondiva for trying to help me :/ haha, change_happens suggested victorious vixens to me. I think that's the best idea yet? thoughts??