Had a REALLLLLY bad food day. Ugh!

Options
I was a wreck today on an emotional roller coaster. Fine one minute, really edgy, anxious or sad the next. Yes, my monthly friend will be here soon.

I always crave these things this time of month anyway, but then add the emotional roller coaster in and I just couldn't help myself. Not only did I over eat on calories.. too many carbs and fat, not enough protein, and only one fruit today (no veggies), but I also didn't hit my target calorie burn either.

The plan was to go to the gym with hubby when he got home from work. But then we realized that we only have a quarter tank of gas and he won't get paid until Thursday (he has the company truck for work), so I can't really go anywhere if I want to have the gas to get to the gym for my personal training session on Wednesday. So add the fact that I didn't work out into today's mess.. and well, I'm a mess.

I feel like crap. Part of it is that I didn't work out. Part of it is that I KNOW I didn't eat healthy after lunch, and part of it is that I PHYSICALLY feel like crud BECAUSE I didn't eat well.

It was just a mess. And to make matters worse, I know because of all the carbs and sugar I ate today, cravings will be pretty bad tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for reading my little rant at myself.

God bless!

Replies

• emc1014
    emc1014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I just had a weekend like that. I was once told the secret to being an Olympic Champion is not that they always perform at their best in their champion ways. The secret is they can put aside the days they don't do too well and focus on a new attempt. So forget about today and focus on tomorrow as a new attempt.Good luck. I have found this to be helpful.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have definately had those days!! The good news is that tomorrow is a completely new day just waiting to happen!
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you this week!! UGH!! It's really hard staying on track this time of the month and with emotional issues going on it's totally understandable! Keep your posititivity!! It was one day out of your life :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Those kinds of days suck...I'm sorry you had to have one. But it doesn't have to de-rail you for a long time. Today was bad but tomorrow is new. If you make just one better choice tomorrow then you will have learned something from today and it's not a total loss. Good Luck to you!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, you think you did bad??? The other day I was feeling the exact same way as you and managed to justify a lunch of fried fish tacos, birthday cake for a "snack" ( I mean like a Yogi bear slice, the type where you cut a demure sliver then take the cake with you) and a Kentucky Fried Chicken combo for dinner. Seriously. It was terrible. I am pretty sure I broke MFP because the fried to food ratio was so obscene. :). We all have bad days, and they just make us more grateful when we are at our healthiest! Don't get too discouraged and get back on that horse! /Hugs
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I was a wreck today on an emotional roller coaster. Fine one minute, really edgy, anxious or sad the next. Yes, my monthly friend will be here soon.

I always crave these things this time of month anyway, but then add the emotional roller coaster in and I just couldn't help myself. Not only did I over eat on calories.. too many carbs and fat, not enough protein, and only one fruit today (no veggies), but I also didn't hit my target calorie burn either.

The plan was to go to the gym with hubby when he got home from work. But then we realized that we only have a quarter tank of gas and he won't get paid until Thursday (he has the company truck for work), so I can't really go anywhere if I want to have the gas to get to the gym for my personal training session on Wednesday. So add the fact that I didn't work out into today's mess.. and well, I'm a mess.

I feel like crap. Part of it is that I didn't work out. Part of it is that I KNOW I didn't eat healthy after lunch, and part of it is that I PHYSICALLY feel like crud BECAUSE I didn't eat well.

It was just a mess. And to make matters worse, I know because of all the carbs and sugar I ate today, cravings will be pretty bad tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for reading my little rant at myself.

God bless!

Yep, sums up the last 24 hours for me too...
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    Sorry to hear it's been such a bad day. It happens, and it will probably happen again but you have to forgive yourself. It's not going to ruin it all. Go to bed, and tomorrow is a new day-a new log day to enter in and try your best.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Uh. Yeah. I'm right there with you too. :-/ My daughter's birthday party was yesterday, so I have access to cake. I used that access today. ACK!!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and just move forward. None of us are perfect. I had a bad day too and am pissed at myself. The good news, tomorrow is another day to succeed. Stay the course and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so sweet. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

So here is just how bad I did today.. 6 mini chocolate chip cookies (3 is a serving and has 140 calories per serving), a large peanut butter cookie (hey it was vegan so shouldn't count, right?). The whole cookie was 2 servings, and had about 120 calories per serving. A serving of blue corn tortilla chips with about 4 tablespoons (I'm guessing) of hummus. 3 servings of gluten free rice and seed crackers. A handful of potato wedges (hey, at least they were baked and were organic). A home made cappuccino made with about 3/4 cup of whole milk and about 3 tablespoons of caramel syrup. Oh, and half a pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.

That was all from about 4pm to 9pm. Breakfast, am snack and lunch were all good and healthy.

But you all are right. As I tell my weight loss buddies when THEY have a fail... ."It's only a failure if you let it derail you tomorrow. It's not a mountain, it's a speedbump. Don't let it be the thing that causes you to throw in the towel."

Sincerely, thanks for showing me encouragement and support and for not judging.

God bless you all.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that tomorrow is a new day. I've had those days too:sick: . One day will not mess up
    many days of work. Every day make the best choice and when those days that u cant help it come,
    dont sweat them. Do the best you can one day at a time. The day after eating not so good make an
    effort to drink lots of water:drinker: . Try to avoid the scale (you might retain water after a day like that)
    and keep with your diet. After a few days you might be surprised that your progress wasnt hurt.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hormones are not my friend - I completely empathize. We all have bad days, but just because today sucked doesn't mean that tomorrow has to :) Let today be what it is and recognize that it's only one day and you're going to be okay. Let tomorrow be another day and let it be better! :)
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Michelle, on a day to day basis you do absolutely awesome in your food selections and your exercise regimen. What is it you always say? You can do this and one day is not going to kill you or your diet. We didn't get here in one day and we aren't going to ruin our progress in one day either. Start over tomorrow and make better choices.

I think you have a date with the mirror...march yourself into the bathroom right now...and SAY IT!!!!

ETA: I found it!!! "My motto, and I say it to myself daily: I am a beautiful, sexy and confident woman. I can do anything I set my mind to. My health goals ARE attainable." :)

:flowerforyou:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Michelle, on a day to day basis you do absolutely awesome in your food selections and your exercise regimen. What is it you always say? You can do this and one day is not going to kill you or your diet. We didn't get here in one day and we aren't going to ruin our progress in one day either. Start over tomorrow and make better choices.

I think you have a date with the mirror...march yourself into the bathroom right now...and SAY IT!!!!

ETA: I found it!!! "My motto, and I say it to myself daily: I am a beautiful, sexy and confident woman. I can do anything I set my mind to. My health goals ARE attainable." :)

Dang...you made me march into the bathroom and say it too!!!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow you start with a whole new set of calories. Just start right back as if you never stumbled. If you can't get to the gym, do some total body resistance at home. Squats work your core, Bridges. Wall sits. Russian twists, planks.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I feel less guilty now!

God bless!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options

You rock! I'm so glad you're here as well as DS!!!! :hugs:

And of course your right.. If I'm going to preach it, I better live it, right? Hehe!!!!

God bless!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just pick up where you left off! :) we all have these kind of days!
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    You know, if you're gonna go bad, going bad for Super New York Fudge Chunk is the way to do it.

Hang in there, lady. I had a REALLY bad day too (see diary). Let's do better tomorrow, shall we?
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    You know, if you're gonna go bad, going bad for Super New York Fudge Chunk is the way to do it.

Hang in there, lady. I had a REALLY bad day too (see diary). Let's do better tomorrow, shall we?

Yes, let's do better tomorrow together!!!

God bless!