Man boobs

Options
OK..I know man boobs are probably the most embarrassing topic when it comes to weight loss and probably the most difficult body part when it comes to weight loss...if you have any tip whether diet or exercise related to help get rid of MOOBS or man boobs

Replies

• neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    when you are doing your cardio mix it up with the elliptical because it will work top and bottom, while you are dieting and losing the weight you probably want higher reps 12-15 for lean muscle that will help burn the fat away (coming from someone who had MOOBS) i went to higher reps so as i burned the fat it built the lean mass.. i was doing heavy but it was building muscle under the fat and pushing the fat out ..exercises fly machine, chest press, decline press, on flat bench you can do wide grip as well to help spread the pecs and develop them also using dumbells while laying on flat on your back do wide pressess as well as close .. pulley machine (cable crossovers) will help as well .. then you have your regular push ups hands close to your body and wide as well hope this helped
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    when you are doing your cardio mix it up with the elliptical because it will work top and bottom, while you are dieting and losing the weight you probably want higher reps 12-15 for lean muscle that will help burn the fat away (coming from someone who had MOOBS) exercises fly machine, chest press, decline press, on flat bench you can do wide grip as well to help spread the pecs and develop them also using dumbells while laying on flat on your back do wide pressess as well as close .. pulley machine (cable crossovers) will help as well .. then you have your regular push ups hands close to your body and wide as well hope this helped

Umm, I'm sorry but this advice is wrong. There s no reason to do lighter weights for hgher reps; you're looking to increase muscle mass and reduce fat. Heavy weights in low reps will help achieve that, a low rep scheme is merely a waste of time. There is no such thing as spot reducing, rather keep up with the fat loss as best you can. Your body loses it where it wants to, unfortunately!

Are they just man boobs from excess fat, or gynecomastia? If it's gynecomastia, surgery is typically the only solution. The boys over at bodybuilding.com talk a lot about it in the Fat Loss forum, I'd recommend checking that out.

Good luck!