Hello..

Options
Hi my name is Alicia. I am a type 2 diabetic and have been having a lot of health problems lately and im just tired of not being happy with the way I look. I want to lose the weight for health reasons and to make MYSELF feel better. I am married to a wonderful man and he has just joined too. Our good friend suggested this site and has been an awesome support! I have a hard time sticking with things like this especially if I don't have anyone to push me or have anyway of getting motivated. I'm planning on turning that around and not having to rely on anyone or anything to have the motivation I need.

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you will..i hate constructive criticism, even on here, but thats what we are for..to push you when you want to quit..i love you guys, and i will be yalls #1 supporter..
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

MFP is a great place where you will find a lot of great support! Make lots of friends - they are key to keeping you motivated!

Also - the forums are a wealth of information. I strongly suggest reading the sticky notes at the top of each category. Also, use the search function - just about every topic under the sun has been covered and you'll glean a lot from Search.

Good luck to you on your journey - you've taken the first step so now keep putting one foot in front of the other!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
    there are many encouraging, inspiring and helpful people here.
    Good luck with your weight loss goals. You CAN do it!!
    feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    Thanks again Pam. Love you and I'm so glad I have such a great friend like you in my life. :)
  • aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    MrsCon40, Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated :) I'll be sure to check those out :)
  • aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    IMYarnCraz33, Thank you for the encouraging words. I went ahead and added you. Thank you :)
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Glad you're joining us on MFP! I've been on this diligently for about a mth now, and it's helped give me a perspective on healthy eating and exercise. Everyone's here to be healthy, and it really isn't just a weight loss site. It's a great support framework for achieving your fitness goals!

Good luck! :)