Frozen Spinach...what to do with it.....GO!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
I have some frozen spinach I bought for a recipe and have a lot left...what the heck do I do with it? I have tried in scrambled eggs and tasted like poo...very bitter even with seasoning!! I need some ideas....help!

Replies

• robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    sauteed in a little olive oil with LOTS of garlic and a handful of pine nuts - yum!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ummmm.....yeah. I got nothing
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Lazy veggie lasagna? Skimp on the cheese and noddles and fill it full of veggies and no salt tomato sauce and spices.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • change_happens
    Options
    I like green smoothies... use it in a smoothie... it is quite tasty... ;)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-Brownies/Detail.aspx

yes that tag does say spinach brownies
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-Brownies/Detail.aspx

yes that tag does say spinach brownies

Interesting!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Microwave. Season with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Eat it with your dinner.
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ham and spinach quiche!
    spinach/chard lasagna! (try the rachael ray website)
    sautee in olive oil and garlic!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have some frozen spinach I bought for a recipe and have a lot left...what the heck do I do with it? I have tried in scrambled eggs and tasted like poo...very bitter even with seasoning!! I need some ideas....help!

You have tasted poo?
  • cindymariehale
    cindymariehale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to make spinach dip with it! Mix it with lemon juice, artichoke hearts, garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan. Mix it up and microwave it and then dip chips or crackers in it. YUM!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I basically just mix it in to any pasta dish or tuna salad I make.
  • miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Id put it in a quiche... with some bacon, onion, parmesan cheese, tomatoes.... serve with a tossed salad yum!!
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    put it in spaghetti
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Homemade minestrone soup!

I loved it and so did my food diary.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jamies-minestrone/detail.aspx
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    throw it in the bin.

( i dont like spinach) :D
  • MegsMads
    MegsMads Posts: 10
    Options
    I use it in quiches, always delicious! Otherise I make a black bean and chicken dip with it (not the lowest in calories, but not terrible and oh so delicious!)

Dip:
    1 package of thawed frozen spinach
    16-24 oz of salsa (depending on how saucy you like it)
    equal amounts of cheese to however much salsa you used (this is where all those dang calories kick in!)
    1 can of washed/drained black beans
    13 oz chicken (I always cop out and just get the canned chicken, but you can shred your own baked chicken breast)

Mix everything together, throw in a casserole dish and heat for 25-35 minutes at 350. Can't beat it! I eat it plain, with fritos or tostitos, or put it in a tortilla for an easy quesadilla!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Put it in the filling for chicken enchiladas; spinach and ricotta manicotti; you can even put it in soups.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

You have tasted poo?

I wouldn't imagine poo tasting bitter if it had seasoning on it.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Squeeze the water out of it (or rinse then drain). This will help with the bland factor! Then add to beaten eggs & milk, add lean sausage or ham, some cheese, Italian herbs and seasonings. This concoction can be baked atop torn pieces of whole wheat (or other) bread. Good luck!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All of the above ideas sound great- except for trashing the spinach! It's a veggie, make your mamma happy and eat it!
    My suggestion is to make pesto sauce. Use both basil and spinach along with all the other ingredients. It's quite tasty and healthy!